Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Auction with Jeeps, did anybody go?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auction with Jeeps, did anybody go?
    Posted: 18 Sep. 2018 at 11:31am
There's an auction coming up on Sept 22, 2018 at Lambertville NJ (Russ?) with some Jeeps, Jeep accessories, and parts. A CJ-2A with PTO, there's a Jeep snowplow, and a Jeep 3 pt hitch. Transfer case(s), extra differentials, military 2 pc wheels, tub, windshield, etc.

"CJ-2 Jeep Mark 4 Tuxedo, 3 on the tree, chrome, runs; CJ-2 Jeep with power take off and 3 point hitch;  C-J Jeep rolling chassis; C-J Jeep cab and body parts; Jeep OHV 4 cylinder engine;  Jeep flat head 4 cylinder engine; front and rear Jeep axles; Jeep transmissions; Jeep transfer cases; Jeep radiators; Jeep grills; Jeep starters; set of 4 two piece Jeep wheels;  lots of Jeep parts; "

Click on "View Full Photo Gallery" in the listing for all the photos.

https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3083473.html

Larry

Edited by rocketeer - 22 Sep. 2018 at 10:42pm
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 3:52pm
Is anybody planning on going? I was going to go with an eye twards the Farmall Cub but now I have a guy driving up from MD Eastern Shore to pick up a dirt plow from me so no go. I hope you guys aren't going to pass up all those jeep goodies, especially the two 3pt hydraulic hitches. How rare are those things?
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 8:29am
Why would somebody put a draw bar on a Tuxedo Park Jeep?  And why would the auction people call it a CJ-2?  Surely they know better than that.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 1:27pm
Their auctioneers, not jeep enthusiasts, why would they know better? They're probably going by what someone told them they thought it was.
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 4:28pm
I got a call yesterday from a guy in Fargo North Dakota. He’s having a Auction sometime soon and has 2 CJ2a’ and a 3a . His Name is Rocky Gabel.Sorry I don’t have any more info. He’s retiring from his Masonry/Bricklaying Business. Hope this is of interest to someone. Kev
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by rocketeer rocketeer wrote:

Their auctioneers, not jeep enthusiasts, why would they know better? They're probably going by what someone told them they thought it was.

I'm just thinking that auctioneers in farming country would see Jeeps all the time and would (eventually) get to know the difference between a flatfender and a CJ-5.  Although they seem to know a lot about one-horse open sleighs...  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply