Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avatar Link Update needed!
    Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:39pm
If you are using an avatar NOT hosted on the 2apage, you need to have it be secure in order for it to show.

The link must start with https://

I am going to put in a case about this to see there is something that can be fixed.

You can also upload your image to the cj2apage.com server and it will display fine.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks
Russ

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 4:57pm
Several weeks ago my Avatar went away and I have not been able to get an Avatar.  I get to the point where the box tells me to wait while it is loading and I have left it for as long as 30 min. and nothing.
I have gone through FireFox and MSN and the picture is 125x125 pix. the address starts with www.http:// It is frustrating and I think I am resolved to not having an Avatar. 

Thank you Tom  
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.

To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:14pm
Tom I had the same problem but was able to replace it from the pic that is stored in the cj2a file manager. Still have to log in after leaving the forum and coming back.

Jim

47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 5:18pm
It's like Russ said above.  Add a "s" to your picture path, i.e. "http://" is now "https://"

.... I changed it for you.  Okie doke?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2017 at 12:25am
I have a new avatar and can not change or get rid of it.  I think it best if I leave it.  From what I have seen it is the only one like it.  Putting on pictures is also a mystery also.   
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.

To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Jeff_Davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff_Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2017 at 4:46pm
OK, I've given up on Photo Bucket, and I am sorry for all the lost links.
I have embraced the Forum Member File archive approach to photo sharing... and have learned how to shrink and upload the files to the Archive... and I have successfully copied a link to the archive, but...

I can't figure out how to get the photo to insert (embed?) in the text of the post so viewers don't have to click to open the link.

What am I missing??
Jeff
Jeff
1947 Willys CJ2A Las Flores, Provinca de Buenos Aires, Argentina
1951 Willys M38 Flightline jeep (Southeast Florida)
1954 M-100 USMC Trailer
1954 FORD F-100 parts chaser, 292 V8 Y-Block
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2017 at 1:30am
What browser are you using?

The last "upgrade" was a "downgrade" if you are trying to use Google as your browser.

Only way I can get it to work is Google Chrome (which has its problems too) but evidently that's what we seem to be stuck with .

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Jeff_Davis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff_Davis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2017 at 3:47am
I am using Microsoft Edge (Build 38) browser on Windows 10.

OK, with Chrome, what is the procedure for embedding a photo from the Master File, in a post??

Thanks, Jeff
Jeff
1947 Willys CJ2A Las Flores, Provinca de Buenos Aires, Argentina
1951 Willys M38 Flightline jeep (Southeast Florida)
1954 M-100 USMC Trailer
1954 FORD F-100 parts chaser, 292 V8 Y-Block
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2017 at 4:36am
With Chrome go to the reply window click on the little icon with the tree on it. That will open up image Properties. Either upload a picture or pick one from your list of already downloaded ones......it should show up in the window and then click the OK button.

I'm assuming my Master Files you are talking about Image Properties. If not, I'm lost too.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
47CJ2Ajohnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47CJ2Ajohnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2019 at 3:55pm
i was trying to use the "leaf" avatar
Johnny . i have a 1947 cj2a barn find
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2019 at 2:31am
Welcome to the page, 47CJ2Ajohnny!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Lil Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 1:31pm
What’s an avatar??
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Lil Bill Lil Bill wrote:

What’s an avatar??

<--------    The photo associated with your account.
Lil Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 3:10pm
Like a pic of my Jeep?
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Lil Bill Lil Bill wrote:

Like a pic of my Jeep?

Pic or graphic of anything you want... your jeep would certainly be topical Wink (my avatar is not a picture of me, fwiw)
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Lil Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 5:04pm
Where and how do you post your avatar?  It says one is needed but I can’t find where you go to upload it. 
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 5:30pm
Bill,
Have you been to the "Member Control Panel" yet?  It's at the top. 

I used the Search function (top right) and typed in "Avatar" and found this:

You can also go to the "Forum How To's" near the bottom of the Home Page.  It will guide you to the link above.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
Lil Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec. 2019 at 1:12pm
I got it! 
I was using my I phone and it wouldn’t work.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>