Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Axle bumpers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Axle bumpers
    Posted: 24 Jan. 2010 at 9:34pm

Getting trailer frame and body ready for media blasting today, and removed the rubber axle bumpers on the frame.  One side was all there and still intact.  Actually still mounted with it's orginal EC marked bolts (so were the four larger bolts holding the V section of the frame to the tub).  I was able to save them all fortunately.  One of the bumpers  was missing the rubber, nothing but the plate left of it.  Is there a source for these (correct width & length), or does one have to be fabbed from a reproduction?  TIA

bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2010 at 10:16pm
I think they're the same as the ones on a 2A (at least that's what I put on mine. (now I'll probably find out they're specific to the BantamLOL)
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2010 at 10:40pm
Gale they may have the same dimentions on the mounting plate, but the rubber on the one I removed was about 1/2" thick and flat, as opposed to dome shaped.   I'll try to get pics up tomorrow of what I removed.

Or perhaps someone here might have a pic of the correct bumper to post.

Just went to Walck's site & looked at theirs.  What was mounted on my trailer was identical to that, but @1/3 of the thickness, and seemed original to the trailer.

Edited by ndrtkr - 24 Jan. 2010 at 10:46pm
Roger B View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2010 at 7:53pm
Here is a link on epay for the real deal. Same a for WILLYS MBT and BANTAMT T3.

Roger
1946 CJ2A Serial # 22728 Harvest Tan in parts

1947 CJ2A Serial #101548 Luzon Red Only 16000 km

1947? Bantam T3-C Serial # 20006
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2010 at 8:28pm
For $25.00 (or more) think I'll run mine through the bandsaw.LOL
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
Robert Bills View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Bills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2010 at 8:40pm
The OEM axle bumpers for the MBT, T3, T3-C and M100 are the same as the bumpers pictured in the "e-pay" listing.  The bumpers for the MB and early CJs share the same bolt pattern and fit perfectly but are not "correct" for a true restoration.

My thought is that the early CJ axle bumpers are fine for anything but a 90%+ restoration.   

Robert Bills
Orange County CA
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2010 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by bkreutz bkreutz wrote:

For $25.00 (or more) think I'll run mine through the bandsaw.LOL

Definately the route to go Gale if you are going to change them at all.  Don't know if I would even bother with it if I were you though.  I just need one, but doubt I can find one.  Looks like I'll just replace both.  Maybe the same route you took...(and use the bandsaw trick..LOL)
 Post Reply Post Reply