Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back Seat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back Seat
    Posted: 19 June 2019 at 3:17am
I am planning to enter a parade for the 4th of July and I want my daughter and wife to join me in my 2A.  I do not have a back seat (yet) and I am not sure I will be able to get and get it installed before the parade.  A couple questions below:

1.  How hard is it to install the back seat retainer clips?  Does anyone have a video on how to cut out the tub to install?  Is there a good picture of how these should look once installed (above/below the tub)?    
2.  If I am unable to get backseat installed before the 4th do you have any suggestions on how to setup a seat/carseat in the back that could be strapped down?  

Thanks!  
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 1:48pm
Grab one out of a later 70's into the 80's. They sit on the floor fine, and you could add a few bolts to secure easily. They are more comfy as well. 
'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 2:10pm
Your post suggests you may not have the original attachment points on the rear deck. 

If that's the case, I think any after market, or later model, rear seat that bolts to the floor will work.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 7:30pm
If the holes for the original back seat aren't punched out, your Jeep is like mine and never had a back seat from the factory.  It's extra-super-rare and you must leave it that way!!

(Looks around warily)  OK, the Jeep Police are gone now.  I would suggest you get a back seat from a late CJ-5 or -7 or a YJ and use that.  Two brackets bolt on to the floor behind the front seats and the seat folds forward on those.  There is a bracket that the seat latch hooks on to on the left wheelwell, too.  It's an easy setup and should be available anywhere.  A seat from a TJ or anything later won't work because Jeep made different wheelwells for those Jeeps.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
hotrod59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotrod59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2019 at 8:21pm
This is the seat I put it mine. I had the stock seat in before and it was super un- comfertable and always would pop loose from the mounts. This one bolts to the floor, fits perfect, and is really nice to sit in
1948 Luzon red CJ2A No name yet
1952 CJ3A "SPUDZ"
 Post Reply Post Reply