Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bantam spindles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccstelmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bantam spindles
    Posted: 29 Dec. 2017 at 8:27pm
I've got a totally destroyed spindle here.  Bearings, seal, the whole enchilada.  Where do I go to find this stuff?  E-bay and Amazon have everything else, but I can't find spindles.

ccstelmo 
ccstelmo
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2017 at 12:30am
Bearings & Seals can be sourced from most any parts store. Is your spindle bad as well ?

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2017 at 1:45am
cc,
The hub is the same as the early jeep - all parts available through your favorite vendor.  The nuts, washers, bearings and seal are all interchangeable on purpose.  It would follow that the spindle (which all of the above is installed on) would match too.  I confess I haven't torn mine down yet so I actually haven't physically seen it.  Does your spindle look like this?

I have removed locked up heat destroyed bearings without replacing the spindle - just takes patience.  I used a cutoff wheel and an air hammer (hammer/chisel will also work) just go slow and be careful not to dig in to the spindle. 

A good manual to have is the one for the military T-3. Very few differences.

Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
 Post Reply Post Reply