Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barn find parts! All mine for now

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2019 at 6:51pm
is any of this worth anything? 
is so ill prob sell it on ebay or if anyone on here wants it. 

ive yett to go back and get the other stuff theres alot and i dont have time 

the insides are trashed but somebody might want the case?

You have only to believe if you wish to achieve. That rhymed. Unintentional - Rod Kimble

Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2019 at 2:31pm
Yes, the case has value but the rods will most likely have to be cut out of it to prevent ruining the bores or cracking the case. I'm pretty sure there's a group of GPW fellas crying right now Cry.
I'd definitely keep going back as you have time. You never know what treasures you will find.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

jasonbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2019 at 3:51pm
so i am looking at this thing right, ill need to press out the dialpins to remove the gears?
i can bring it to my work and use the press here and do it, ive had it soaking it pb blaster for days now
You have only to believe if you wish to achieve. That rhymed. Unintentional - Rod Kimble

jasonbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2019 at 3:52pm
only reason i would remove the gears is for cheaper shipping price 

jasonbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 2:39pm
me and some friends went back last night to the barn and got more stuff, this still is not half the stuff in there. 

i found a wooden box of new u-bolts (50+)
a box of black tubes (50+) with sprak plugs in them (new) markings are sr6f15 
a box of carbs (20+) that look like willys carbs but have an "L" bend inlet on top? 
a brand new willys gas tank! never seen gas! 

here are some pictures maybe yall can tell me what i have

there are about 6 more of these wheels

these are new they just have crap all over them, the tie rod still has cardboard on the threads

one of the many boxes of u-bolts 

bunch of new gaskets 

i think new? rear end gears in the box

i have about 100 of these plugs still in the black tubes. 

jasonbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 2:42pm
i can post bigger pictures if anyone wants to look closer at something. 

RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 2:55pm
You did not picture them but sounds like you have some YS 637 or 950 military carbs in there..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
jasonbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 2:58pm
if thats the carbs with the 90 elbow on the top then yes i have about 30 of them. there still in he barn i did not know what they where for. 

TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 5:40pm
it looks like you have a lot of M series stuff there. The plugs are for the m38 and m38a1 I believe.
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
AKoller View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKoller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 5:58pm
Will any of those spark plugs be for sale?
1950 CJ3A "Thumper"
1966 M151 A1
1942 GPW #70221
jasonbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 6:04pm
pm me 

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 6:25pm
A front side picture of those wheels may sell them for you depending on what they are.

The intake pictured should go with one of those carbs if they are YFs.....(Jeepster, DJ, etc)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jasonbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

A front side picture of those wheels may sell them for you depending on what they are.

The intake pictured should go with one of those carbs if they are YFs.....(Jeepster, DJ, etc)

ill post a pic later of the front, but im going to keep this one as a spare for now. 

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 8:52pm
I don't need one but just noticed you said there may be 6 more and somebody might be interested.

Looks like fun diggin' !

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 9:07pm
The number you want to find on the plugs is Autolite 2243.
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 9:29pm
Nice stuff,you are starting to find the good stuff.Keep looking  and keep the pictures coming.

Giles

Edited by Gil - 12 Oct. 2019 at 1:11am
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
jasonbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 11:13pm
i have a plug with me at work.

blue crown sr6f15
defiance ohio
ord no. 8357724
usa

jasonbass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct. 2019 at 11:16pm
i dont have the tube it came out of but it had some military stuff on it and a date of 1952? im planning on going back tonight. ill grab more Big smile 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>