Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barnyard wheeling in Grampa’s Jeep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barnyard wheeling in Grampa’s Jeep
    Posted: 20 May 2018 at 4:29am
My girls decided we needed to get some family photos taken so we all headed up to my brother-in-law’s house cuz it’s an older picturesque home. The girls said “dad, bring the Jeep and we’ll use it in the photos.”
So after the photo session, I decided to give the grandkids a little ride and we made this silly video.

If the family pics turn out ok I’ll toss them In here too, but the photographer will be a while touching up my ugly mug.Confused

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 11:14am
That’s really cool.  Now for Lydia it’s her “Grampa’s Jeep”.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 1:17pm
Nice job Stan.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 2:02pm
Nice family times Stan with the grandkids.Very cool.

Edited by Gil - 20 May 2018 at 2:04pm
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 2:18pm
Very Cool! Thx 4 posting!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 3:52pm
Collin, who’s 8, and I go on a lot of Jeep adventures together, but this was 2 year old Lydia’s first Jeep ride. 
After the first turn around the orchard she said “Grumpa, you wanna drive me summore?” So of course we took a couple more laps.
After we stopped she climbed into the driver’s seat and said, “you show me how it works?” 
She’s not going to be happy as a rider very long.
Wacko

When I told her no more for today, she made the saddest face and cried a little.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 7:32pm
How Lydia will want to see Grampa and the Jeep.Wink
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 8:05pm
So, for Lydia it's Great Grampas's Jeep correct? I thought those rocks would draw you to them as a force of habit--------LOL  What line through them would you pick? Maybe a winch used also? Got to love Jeeps and familys. They go together well. Thanks for the scary ride. Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

So, for Lydia it's Great Grampas's Jeep correct?

It’s Grampa’s Jeep for my Grampa, and I’m Lydia’s Grampa so the original Grampa would be Lydia’s great, great Grampa.

Those rocks are just in a pile and I didn’t want to belly out there in front of my girls and their husbands. Maybe I’ll try it when no one’s around.Smile
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:32pm
My wife says “what’s glamorous about a Jeep butt sticking out in the air?”

Good thing the kids like the Jeep cuz I think my wife is a hopeless case as far as jeeps go.
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 8:43pm
Hey Stan

Love the video...

When did you add the roll bar to grampa's Jeep??? It does not hurt the looks at all...

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2018 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by mikec4193 mikec4193 wrote:

Hey Stan

When did you add the roll bar to grampa's Jeep??? It does not hurt the looks at all...

MikeC

I didn't add it, fellow jeepers (Bridog, jpet, fuzz) that love me and think I was going to break my neck, brought it to Moab during the Easter Jeep Safari and bolted it on while I watched. I told them I felt a little dirty inside but I guess I'm keeping it.
Brian (bridog) was kind enough to build it after his son Dillon designed it. Dillon's the short one in the picture with the shirt that I think says "Inventor".

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Roey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 4:47am
Awesome video. 
It's amazing how much the young and old love Willys Jeeps.  
I took "Wilma" to a local show last year and she attracted a lot of attention from the spectrum of age groups.  
Well done on the video.  Thanks for sharing.
1946 C2JA ("Wilma")
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2018 at 5:42am
A few years ago I went to a local car show and the guy with the fancy Camero next to us moved across the street. Don’t know if it was because we were getting all the attention, or because I was parked on a slope and gas was dripping out of my cas cap. Smile
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 2:45am
great post! My little girl is in love with the Jeep too! She is more
Into it than my son.... I love seeing young people getting excited about old machines! 
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 4:28pm
Here’s one of the photos from the photo shoot the day of the Barnyard Wheeling video. 
Me and all my grandkids in Grampa’s Jeep.  

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 4:33pm
You are a gr8 paw paw!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 4:49pm
That is a wonderful photo!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>