Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bear hunting in the cj2a

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajax25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bear hunting in the cj2a
    Posted: 18 Aug. 2022 at 11:36am
Unfortunately we weren’t able to harvest a bear on this trip and I only saw one across a canyon for a split second and wasn’t able to get a shot off on him. The good news is the jeep ran awesome! We hit some serious keeping trails with it too. Had 4 grown men it a couple of times and it chugged right along. The only thing that went wrong was I caught a stick or something and blew a tire. I had no idea that the lug nuts are reverse threaded so we just thought they were rusted on really bad until after about an hr of trying to figure out what to do someone jokingly said . “They are probably reverse threaded haha” sure enough he was right so what should have been a 5 min tire swap took us an hr instead 😂. Overall I was just smiling at the end of the weekend because my jeep I had worked so hard on to get ready gave us absolutely no issues at all and we all had a great time picking huckleberries when we couldn’t find the bears.
duffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2022 at 12:10pm
Well at least you didn't break those "L" stamped wheel studs off-----------
1955 3B: 441sbc,AGE 4 speed transmission, Teralow D18w/Warn OD, 4.11:1 D44's/ARB's, glass tub & fenders, aluminum hood/grill, 8274, York OBA, Premier Power Welder; 67 CJ5: 225,T86AA, D18, 4.88's, OD
ajax25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajax25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2022 at 12:25pm
Haha yeah one of those you live and you learn situations. Thought we were going to have to hike out 3 miles back to camp to get some help then at least a 2 mile hike back in because there was no way to get a truck in where we were at the time. 
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2022 at 2:26pm
Left hand thread on the driver side, right hand thread on the passenger side. This was common with several cars made before the 60s, and I think Rambler was still doing that into the mid 60s. 

It will confuse the youngsters they have working in tire shops and they have impact wrenches that will snap the lugs right off before they figure it out.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
ajax25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajax25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2022 at 4:31pm
Huh, yeah I definitely learned something 
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2022 at 5:11pm
  This feature is covered in both the Service Manual For Universal Jeep Vehicles and Your Operation and Care Manual. 
  I suppose that it’s too much to ask that anyone should read the entire Service Manual, but IMO the Operation and Care Manual should be required reading. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply