Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Non-Willys Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Belleview winch/ Warn 5687 winches

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Belleview winch/ Warn 5687 winches
    Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 10:18pm
I found an old Warn 5687 winch last year on C/L and picked it up for under two hunerd LOL. It ran and I took the motor to my local alt shop a few weeks later, I explained to them how it mounted to the winch and he said he would check it out and he didn't need to housing to check the motor. Turns out he trashed the armature by not supporting the sprocket end when powering it up. So I found out Herm sells them for $200. Not wanting to sink another bunch of cash into a motorless winch, I put it aside for a while. 

Recently a coworker showed me another old winch in C/L. Turns out it was a Belleview winch down here in GA. it was $75. I drove over after work and picked it up for $70, with a good motor. So now I have two ol' skool winches for my jeeps, I am in the process of replacing all the bearings in the belleview and getting it installed on my flattie. I just removed the cable and found 120' of good cable to use once the winch is back together. I have around 50 bucks in bearings so far, Ill have to buy two locking pto cables and a winch solenoid for it to work. salvaged a chunk of 8" square tubing for the bumper mount, I cut two ( one I was going to send to a ECJ5er that wanted one too.) I wasn't able to contact him so now i have one for each of my winches. 

I'll post pics of the rebuild and bearing numbers to help others. here's my post from my first puchase;

Edited by jeeper50 - 01 May 2017 at 2:36pm

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 10:32pm

jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2017 at 10:35pm

Post Reply Post Reply