Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bent Wheel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug. 2021 at 8:56pm
I was just thinking that your roll bar may be thinwall tube. In any event it did the job. A bent Jeep is better than an injured person.
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug. 2021 at 9:07pm
Don't know the thickness but the tube seems un-damaged. Just the jeep. But yes, it worked. Most of the stuff I have worried about going over or more likely down wouldn't have mattered what roll bar I had. Shortly after this I was on Imogene Pass in a cold heavy rain storm with no windshield (it won't go up yet) and on one off camber slick rock I unbuckled while thinking about jumping out if things went bad. Thankfully they didn't. Was my birthday and would not have been good. I will still look into a better roll bar.
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug. 2021 at 1:26am
Steve, if you flop it to the other side it will straighten back up.  Problem solved. As for the bent wheels, I just run them as long as they hold 12 psi and don’t wobble my teeth out.  Come to think of it, I have a loose tooth.  Maybe it’s time for a new wheel.  🧐

1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug. 2021 at 11:22am
Thanks for the thought. Already tried that and it flopped on the same side later that day. Maybe it is a really good roll bar.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12