Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BF Goodrich original tires

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2007 at 10:59pm

Bill,

I can't say for sure if these are original or not. Like I said before these and the Goodyears were on the same Jeep and both had the same degradation and tread where. It would be nice to know if these "silvertown" tires are the original equipment.

Chris,
Those "Chevron" type tires were talked about awhile ago and Todd Paisley was going to have a special run of them done if he could find enough people to comitt to a set to make it worth it, something like 250 people would make it doable.
It would be interesting to have a post in the parts project about tires and the info anyone has on them........I think I'll do one with these two to start. That way as info is uncovered it can get pinned down a little tighter.Big%20smile

CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

Randy Snyder View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Snyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2007 at 3:25pm
I have a guy that works for me who has a 47 2A which is father purchased new.  It has three original B.F Goodrich tires still on it and he is positive they are from the original Jeep.
He is taking some pictures for us and I will post next week. 
'46 2A #13943

'46 2A #26236

'45 T3-C #436

Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2007 at 1:54am
Randy,

Are they nondirectionals???

Bill
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Snyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2007 at 5:17am
Bill,
Yes, they are NDT.   I've seen photos of his Jeep and one of the first things I noticed was the original tires.   Very original Jeep overall and knowing him and his family, they are original.  Just waiting on the detailed photos of the tires...
'46 2A #13943

'46 2A #26236

'45 T3-C #436

chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2007 at 1:16am
GaryArf;

Thanks for the info on the "chevron tires".  At least I know what to call them now. 

I did remember the earlier discussion regarding tires ... but I couldn't remember if it was a "tire specific" discussion or a tangent from some other topic.  Thanks for the link ... I followed it  but it doesn't seem like there is any interest in reproducing the chevron tire.

Actually, I was hoping that they might be more "authentic" and a better tire too.  But, the chevron tires (as pictured on the link) have that same "center seam" as the NDTs, so it seems like they wouldn't be any better ("cooler looking" perhaps, but the same problems in wet weather).  So the endeavor seems pointless now. 

Sorry about the bad picture on the link I provided.  I couldn't make it any smaller!

Thanks again! 
chris

2A #13396
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct. 2007 at 1:39am
Randy, I await your buddies pics. If they don't show up here shortly I will make a post in the parts project. I do believe that these BF Goodriche tires (I have) are the real Mccoy.
If they are not, when you post the tires you have it will be hashed out.
I will start a post that everyone can contribute to...... in the "original or replacement" menu that was offered in it's day. ( I hope that Russ finds this acceptable in the "parts project" ) 

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Snyder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2007 at 1:53am
Sorry, everyone.   The tires are Royal NDT's and his Jeep is a '48.

'46 2A #13943

'46 2A #26236

'45 T3-C #436

GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2007 at 2:16am
Thanks Randy for the follow-up. I guess at this point I'll "assume" The BF Goodriches I have are the real deal.
On a side note..ROYAL Master grip? could these be...original to a '48? or a replacement?

Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov. 2007 at 11:25am
Randy,

Thanks for posting!

Bill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12