Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Your Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bicycles= Other Vehicles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bicycles= Other Vehicles?
    Posted: 05 Jan. 2012 at 12:37am
My time has been very limited lately.  I had a bit of a break the last week, but could not start any big projects, so I worked on a couple of small ones.  First is an old Western Flyer Buzz Bike.  This was a nice complete original bike, just very dirty and rusty.  I completely disassembled it, cleaned and polisged every part, then reassembled it.  I still need to repair the seat.

This next one was a 26" cruiser that I picked up from Craigslist for $20.00  I am in th eprocess of turning it into an adult size banana seat bike.

lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2012 at 12:40am
those have the COOL factor written all over them :)
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2012 at 2:33am
Drool ......ya gotta bob that back fender on the cruiser tho....and turn it up if ya can...
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Joe Frazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Frazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2012 at 3:06am
I kinda like the whitewall treatment on the first bike! Not something you see everyday anymore!
Collecting any/all Kaiser/Frazer/JEEP literature/handouts/toys etc.
46 CJ2A
50 Jeepster
51 Pick-up
54 Willys Aero Hardtop
54 Kaiser Willys Darrin
56 Wagon
56 Factory Proto-type FC 170 Truck
shakyshot View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakyshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2012 at 4:44am
Oh man.  Bicycles are my other addiction.  Those are super cool.  I am not so much into the 40's to 80's range but I do like the old Penny-Farthing type rides and the Double Eagles.  I love all things bike at my core though.

Sweet rides.
1947 CJ-2A #103586 "Les"
1947 Bantam T3C Hiawatha "Moore"

Hayes Family CJ-2A
Montana Rocky Mt. Flat Fender Club
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2012 at 1:01pm
Been posted before but if we are starting a dedicated thread to them,  here's one of mine I built from parts.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
ndrtkr View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndrtkr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2012 at 1:26pm
Love how you have it set up on the salt flats for a speed run Roc! Thumbs Up
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid"- John Wayne
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2012 at 1:45pm
The summer of '07 we went out so I needed a bike to ride around the pits....so I thought I needed to put together a Stingray for the trip...had a blast.

Doug, are those handlebars taller that a regular set are does the picture just make them look that way?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2012 at 3:24pm
The handlebars are too tall Chad.  I ordered them from measurments alone, not realizing that they were more vertical than I would like.  They go straight up, instead of flairing out in a "V" shape.  They are not going to make the cut.  Bill, I have not decided on what to do with the fenders yet, but you are correct about bobbing the rear.

Doug
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2012 at 7:35pm
I know what you mean. Actually a 'real' Schwinn Stingray handlebar goes straight up I think. (or at least there were some models that did)  I didn't want that either so bought the generic banana seat handlebar which is more of a V like yours.

On the fenders you might be able to try the old motorcycle trick and just rotate the rear fender forward and cut off the excess at the same time moving the bracketry. It won't give you a flare like you want but it would give you the 'bobbed' look.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2012 at 4:16pm
I was cleaning out the basement and found this.  It is the actual bike tag that I ran on my very first bike back in the day.
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2012 at 4:23pm
Doug, What tires do you have on your CJ? they look really neat! One thing that is always a mystery -I thought that I was the only bicycle nut with jeep projects or vice versa. I have a couple of 25 year old Schwin's in the attic. I am thinking about cleaning them up as well.

Nice pics -love to see more of the CJ though -love the red!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2012 at 5:25pm
Those tires are Firestone "knobbys"  They are available from Coker.  The prices have shot up since I bought mine.  Here are a couple of shots of my 48

Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2012 at 12:33am
Schwinn? :)
My 1999 Schwinn Homegrown 4Banger All Mountain, ( stolen from my old house in Baltimore)

My first car and my first Cannondale Super V.

My first Intense M1 SL I'm the blond,

My current bike, 1996 Mountain Cycle San Andreas DH,

My 3rd Cannondale Super V Long Travel. I broke a few bones on this one!

1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
archerace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote archerace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2012 at 3:01am
Thanks for reposting the pic of your Willys, Doug.  I lost it when I switched computers and wasn't able to find the picture again from your posting on DoorDing.com.

It's back up as my laptops.wallpaper. Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2012 at 8:14pm
You are welcome, I have not been over to doording in a while, I can't login any more.

Doug
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar. 2012 at 9:06pm
This is a bike my late uncle John restored for display in my cousin's bike shop; Bear Creek Bicycles, Ashland, OR. (shameless plug) According to the serial number it is a 1951 model year. It is very heavy, but it cruises nicely (mostly downhill). It's almost as fun to stop as an old Willys Jeep!
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
86cj7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86cj7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2012 at 7:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>