Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Your Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bicycles= Other Vehicles?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobrajet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2012 at 2:14am
dident know alot of you guys had bicycles i thought i was the only one here are some of mine

late 80's peugeot that i converted into a single speed fixie

brodie devo dh bike

1964 schwinn stingray (gonna paint it again soon needs gotta do a better job.

48' cj2a
1992 yj 2.5
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2012 at 2:46pm
nice bikes! im not a single speed guy but your DH rig and the Sting Ray are bad ass!
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2012 at 9:44pm
In the early 70's as kids we used to go to the local dump and find old bikes. We'd cut the front forks off of them with a hack saw and then slide them over the forks of our sting rays, move the tire out to the end of the new forks and make "choppers".   The things you do when you only have three channels on the tv and Fess Parker as Daniel Boone only comes on once a week.

Can't even get into the dump now-a-days. Someone has a "salvage contract" there so they keep all the scavengers out.

Edited by smfulle - 25 Apr. 2012 at 9:46pm
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2012 at 9:54pm
Worst bike wreck I ever had was due to that idea.....two extra sets of forks (the front set turned down) and a 16 inch spoked, solid rubber front tire off one of those training type bicycles and a big bump in the sidewalk......you get the idea.Wink

(yeah,  it wasn't pretty as that front tire went sailing across the street)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2012 at 2:41am
My worse bike wreck was at White Tail Ski Resort. I hit a tree at approx 50MPH on my right hip. Broke the bike in 1/2 and broke the hip, ribs, leg, fingers, few teeth, etc,..... Lol

Edited by Mike Gardner - 26 Apr. 2012 at 2:42am
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
MarkB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2012 at 2:56am
Awesome rides,

Dang Mike! Did ya at least get a helicopter ride outta that wreck.

I hate that every time I crashed hard cycling I broke my left collarbone. I hate collarbones!

I have a 30's Columbia Cruiser, a Felt V12 Cruiser and a Gunnar Rockhound. I'll get some pics for ya guys. I think you'll like the Felt.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2012 at 3:09am
Lol no a four wheeler and a stretcher. I made them bring my bike on another quad. That was a expensive yard sle. Lol

I did the collar bones. Both sides once. But I poped my shoulders out a lot. It's left me with some issues that I'll go under the knife for sometime soon,...
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
munkjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2012 at 4:35pm

One of the bikes I got from my Brother's estate .

Edited by munkjeep - 02 Aug. 2012 at 4:42pm
munkjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2012 at 4:41pm
Another bike I got from my brother's estate, got a 2.25 wheel on the back of it now , need to find a racing slick with raised white letters and a taller sissy bar for the seat .
Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2012 at 4:11pm
Mike,

Cannondale (Corporate) is about 2-1/2 miles from my house, my daughter-inlaw is the credit person there. Excellent company to work for, they are very good to their people. I still have a few Cannondale bikes from the old days when I raced (road) and they were our sponcer.

This is on an EXXON frame, 1980 "Coup des Ameriques" in Montreal, 88 mile race that is still run every year. It was the first production graphite frame (~1977), wound around aluminum, like riding a trampoline. I won a lot of races on it until the chain stay pulled out of the bottom bracket during a race. edit; I just noticed, that Bobby Phillips off of my left hip in the pic, called the
'Baltimore Bullet" , don't know if you ever heard of him. your neck of the woods.

Edited by Ritt - 02 Sep. 2012 at 4:16pm
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep. 2012 at 6:45pm
Ritt, that's awesome!
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
buckshot View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan. 2013 at 11:17pm
Ritt,
I love that photo. Real toe clips and straps! You really had to "pedal circles" with those!

I have a Cannondale mountain bike and a Eddy Merckx road bike. Haven't raced in a loooong time.
Still go for a easy spin occasionally....
Brian in Tyler
'46 CJ-2A #14883
M416 Trailer
1938 Plymouth Pick-Up
2008 HEMI Rubicon Unlimited
2008 JK Unlimited
My Jeep photos at:

https://picasaweb.google.com/113017572186775733159/ForumPhotos
p3ferris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p3ferris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2013 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by MarkB MarkB wrote:

Awesome rides,

Dang Mike! Did ya at least get a helicopter ride outta that wreck.

I hate that every time I crashed hard cycling I broke my left collarbone. I hate collarbones!

I have a 30's Columbia Cruiser, a Felt V12 Cruiser and a Gunnar Rockhound. I'll get some pics for ya guys. I think you'll like the Felt.
  I have broke my collar bone on the right 3 times and the left 2 times    it is just another day for me.  As for a bike  I have the PPV 3 wheeler   and I have one made in england that has an electric motor to go about 20mph after you start to pedel it.  I gave my stingray along with 5 other bikes to a family that needed and could hardly afford a $5 bike.  Their smiles and disbelief  on their faces were well worth it.  By the way I have broke a lot more than that on my bod and they keep putting me back together.
Ed
cj2a lefty
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2013 at 2:05pm
p3,   One of these time they are going to run out of parts so be carefull.
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by munkjeep munkjeep wrote:

Another bike I got from my brother's estate, got a 2.25 wheel on the back of it now , need to find a racing slick with raised white letters and a taller sissy bar for the seat .

Wow, I just found one of these, I love 24 inch banana seat bikes.

Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2013 at 5:08pm
I have been on a roll lately, here are my recent finds including a new toy I gave myself as a get well present, too bad I can't ride it for a while.

Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2013 at 8:43pm
Doug,

Where in the world for you find parts for these things? I recently pulled my childhood bike out of my parents' attic. Much to my depression, it is considered an 'antique' now and my son is going to enter it in a bike show next spring. Its a 1974 Mossberg, which I understand is pretty rare. It needs new tires and cables for the brakes. Its pretty much original except for the horn that my parents' neighbors didn't approve of for some reason...

Bill

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2013 at 8:57pm
That's cool Bill.

I like the way the forks have the holes in them.

Been kinda keeping my eyes open for a banana seat bike from my childhood. The rear down tubes had holes like that and were upright than normal.

It was from Otasco I believe.....I want to say it was called a Big O or Flying O or something to that effect but I may have a clouded memory of the name.

I remember it was yellow.....neat thing about it was it was a 20" bike  but the frame tube configuration allowed for a full size bike bellcrank and front sprocket.....a 20" with the 'cruise' of a 24". I was always the 'topspeed' winner......sorta like OD I guess.

Keep your eyes open. I'd like to find one.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>