Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Run 2017! June 19-23

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 36>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2016 at 5:42pm
Bruce, does the mack bark?  Uncle Lynden is very mooooooving .....
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2016 at 6:42pm
 Lamp  OK you two, now you've started something! I'm not going to say what, but now, I'm off to find JC Whitney! Big smile  (Does that outfit still exist?)  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov. 2016 at 6:50pm
John,
i am very excited about the trails that you are showing us. This is the kind of stuff that really gets me pumped up about hitting the trail.

That having been said, I very much enjoyed all the activities that we did last year on my very first BHR.  The Black Hills are beautiful no matter what type of road or trail you look at them from and the history of the place that you shared with us hit on another one of my big interests. The people there were awesome to hang out with and get to know. If we just drove our jeeps to Sturgis and back every day I would still want to attend.

Probably overthinking this and giving myself too much credit, but I wouldn't want my personal preferences/lunacy to make it so others don't want to attend. I guess what I'm saying is, please don't look for rocks just on my account. On the other hand, if that is what you and most others want. Yippee!! Let's give it a rip!
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2016 at 12:12am
Originally posted by Fred Coldwell Fred Coldwell wrote:

Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

. . . and P Pine smells so good!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, It Can be Done! We have miles to Jeep before we sleep. Oilly

Oilly:

I bough to you in aromatic anticipation . . . Sign me up!  And you came up with a great slogan for the 2017 BHR: "It Can Be Done!"  This sounds like an event curated for narrow-minded jeepers.

Your sappy friend on thin tires pining away for pungent and . . .  

Fred's just needling you!

Or... Anyway, It Cone be Done!
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2016 at 1:53am
Originally posted by tamnalan tamnalan wrote:

. . . Fred's just needling you!  Or... Anyway, It Cone be Done!

LOL LOL LOL
Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2016 at 12:06pm
 I like "Mack" the 3B. A good solid old Jeep. Took me a minute to figure out what was so different about him and then it hit me. You put M38 headlight rings on him. I kinda like it. Familiar to me.  Now you need the two headlight brush guards.  With a little steel and welder, you can make a rear tire carrier that bolts to the drawbar, and the two tailgate chain brackets. That way no holes drilled in the body. 

The daily runs I've been doing average 6-7 hours and you burn about 5/8-3/4 of a 10 gallon tank. I wouldn't worry about having extra gas. Just leave full in the AM and by the time we get to the trailhead, we will burn it down and be ready for sloshing!!!!!! 

They lock up the trails Dec. 15th, or if it snows . Recon after that is armchair. Cry
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2016 at 2:18pm
Bruce,
I have an old Mack Truck hood ornament I'm not using. Any interest?

I might be bringing something a little different too.

Hawk
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2016 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by athawk11 athawk11 wrote:

Bruce,

Hawk

????????????????????????????
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2016 at 3:43pm
 Thanks Tim, I don't think I really need another one. My hood ornament collection is one of the things that needs to get thinned out.
  The 3B already has a rear-mounted spare tire carrier. It's an old Kayline unit that I took off of a Ramcharger. It would be easy to build something similar. If anyone's interested, I can take some pictures.  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov. 2016 at 8:53pm
I have a build thread on the CJ3B page under (CJ3B Projects) swing away tire carrier that I brought back to the top. Go over there and check it out!
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov. 2016 at 9:48pm
Recon Day 3. Today Carol and I went over the  Crook Mtn. shortcut and into Lost Gulch. From here, The camp 5 Road begins. It's the old road that washed out in 1972 during a 100 year flood. The Forest Service never re-built it. It is a TR marked trail, and a tough one.  Very Rocky. Rock crawler groups follow the creek along the road-------when and if they can. The road is bad enough. Had to stack some rocks, but got way in, almost to Camp 5. I was proud that I had made it that far.  Rounded a bend and  "that's all folks". A rock slide has blocked the road and no way around including the creek. The picture does not show the size. Some are half way up my Jeep grill and out weigh the Jeep. I was pretty bummed, I doubt the FS is going to do anything. We'll see. So, back tracked and found another new trail. It was good. I'm adding it to the day tour we will take in there. We now have 3 full days planned of the 5.  I'll continue research. It's a tough job, but I'm going to do it just for you guys. Wink Oilly
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2016 at 12:54am
John, are you interested in an exploritory run up Squaw Creek to Carbonate then down to Maitland Road? Saturday is looking like the best day for me but Friday may work as well.
Rick R
RWILLYS (Space R)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2016 at 11:34am
I'm in rick. It's a tough assignment, but I think I can find time! What I'm trying to find is loops or routes that have some Jeeping we all can go on. Challenge , but no damage if possible. We also don't want to get on private property where the owner comes out with a issue. Lunch with a view is good. History is a plus. Friday would be better since most will be at work.  Let me know, John
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2016 at 2:54pm
Got just the trail for us. Friday it is. Time and location TBD later this week. Shouldn't have to do any tight quarters turn arounds this time. I'll call.
Rick R
RWILLYS (Space R)
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2016 at 3:35pm

Edited by RICKG - 08 Nov. 2016 at 3:40pm
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2016 at 3:42pm
Looks awesome Rick!  Thanks for posting.
Tom
1949 CJ3A

athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2016 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

Bruce,

Hawk

????????????????????????????

Well, with permission from my wife, I might bring Whitey.

If I get nervous about under carriage scratches, dings and dents, I might consider this oneā€¦

It runs good.  It has new brakes and exhaust, but I would need to finish up the 2A windshield, get it titled, and buy some new tires.LOL 

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2016 at 6:53pm

If I get nervous about under carriage scratches, dings and dents, 

i get nervous if I think there won't be any of that.
Big smile
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 36>