Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Run June 18-22, 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 33>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8 Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2018 at 7:03pm
Oilly, invite Icegrinder and Tiny with their ice racing flatties to go with you. They don't need chains with those spikes on the tires. That would be a sight to see the roosters they would make in the snow.
Wrongway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrongway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2018 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Joe/IA Joe/IA wrote:

I happen to know that the name "Wrongway" was given to John for a reason. The adventure part is accurate also.

Joe

Hey Joe remember the terra tires on my old Yellow 3A in the snow?
 We could go on and on with tails about each other "back in the day"

49 CJ3A - Dauntless V6 -Sold
56 Wagon Buick V6 -Sold
49 CJ3A Custom Rock Crawler -Sold
58 FC170 350 Chev,snow plow -Sold
48 CJ2A 206401 Original and keeping it that way !!! Current   

Rick Cline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 12:28am
Oilleaker and Carol would look good in this Sno Cat. Its less than 62 inches also.

Edited by Rick Cline - 30 Jan. 2018 at 1:03am
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

- General George Patton Jr
gmcjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmcjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 3:00am
Originally posted by Rick Cline Rick Cline wrote:

Oilleaker and Carol would look good in this Sno Cat. Its less than 62 inches also.

Kinda looks like two dogs sniffing each other!LOLLOLLOL
Gary

51 CJ-3A
Rick Cline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Cline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 3:39am
Gary I would love to have that Sno Cat. Then my dog would have something to sniff all the time. I also would let John use it for winter recon. Its not for sale, Bummer.
"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

- General George Patton Jr
Wrongway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrongway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 3:50am

OK all of you snow lovers. Where was Wrongway to take this picture?

56 Wagon Buick V6 -Sold

Wrongway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrongway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 4:00am
Not everyone has a snow cat named after them Wink

56 Wagon Buick V6 -Sold

64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 4:34am
Antarctica.   Just guessing. 
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 4:43am
Originally posted by Rick Cline Rick Cline wrote:

Gary I would love to have that Sno Cat. Then my dog would have something to sniff all the time. I also would let John use it for winter recon. Its not for sale, Bummer.

There is a guy in Forsyth Montana that has a Tucker just like that for sale!....

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2018 at 10:36am
Drink a little Coffee, listen to music and work on your Jeeps. Stay warm in the shop. Spring will be here before you know it and recon will be much more relaxing. After 25 years of a job fighting the snow , dark, and cold, and having to do it whether you liked it or not, I lost my love of winter activities. Similar to the love of flying. Once you crash, and get scared to death but survive, it just isn't fun anymore. I still find Jeeps fun. 

Some folks like to go South and miss the few months of real winter, but I find it crowded and more expensive than just building toys in a warm shop. It's always good to get back home. I like my space too much. 

I do like to play with machines and that little antique cat would be fun to play with. Heading off into deep snow alone with it, probably not a good idea. You hear stories of guys with their new 15,000.00 snowmobiles leaving it in 10 feet of powder , up in the Bighorns until spring. Ouch Jeeps chained up are fun , but the road salt to get there is so bad that it's not worth it anymore. Trails are closed anyway. Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2018 at 1:00pm
Speaking of crowded, what's your count up to now?  How many more do you think you'll pick up between now and June?  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2018 at 3:02pm
It's slowed at 34. A few have plans to rock crawl on their own, a couple want to stay at campgrounds with hookups. 

The tentative plan is for two tour groups. We most likely will have reconned 4 separate trails. So, each group will run one of two possible trails each day, then alternate the next day. We don't want to get bunched up. We need to maintain equal numbers for each group. We also will try to not have folks repeating the same trail. This will tend to keep the same folks in each group for the 4 trails, but I don't know how to improve on this. We still will have evenings and Wednesday to hang out as desired. This is a new concept we are going to try. Oilly
Grumpy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2018 at 2:02am
Originally posted by Wrongway Wrongway wrote:

OK all of you snow lovers. Where was Wrongway to take this picture?

From the way the flag shadow is cast I would bet it's way way south of the equator .
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2018 at 5:05am
The display says S 89*00.026'.  That seems pretty far south. 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2018 at 12:37pm
Need to photoshop a jeep or three into that picture
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2018 at 1:25pm

Not everyone has a snow cat named after them Wink

We'll have to hear the story now.

In regards to the picture, you look to be in North Dakota. Even Ducks fly upside down up there. State tree is a telephone pole. The most dangerous job is riding shotgun on a garbage truck. The wind up there doesn't blow because it sucks. If the locals swim in a lake, they leave a ring. The best thing about highway 85 up there is that it leaves the state. -------------I could go on, but I'll spare you all the pain. Oilly

Wrongway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrongway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2018 at 7:31pm
Oilly, Yup I've thought that ND in the winder does at times look much like Antarctica in the summer.
 You missed the one about why they don't allow the ladies in ND wear brown..... I better not give the answer in this forum though.. 
56 Wagon Buick V6 -Sold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2018 at 8:06pm

Oilly, Yup I've thought that ND in the winder does at times look much like Antarctica in the summer.
 You missed the one about why they don't allow the ladies in ND wear brown..... I better not give the answer in this forum though.. 

You know why ND plays football on astro turf don't you Wrongway? It keeps the cheerleaders from grazing during half time. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 33>