Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Run June 18-22, 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 33>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Tiny Tiny wrote:

Originally posted by Rick G Rick G wrote:

wow, Tiny.  I had no idea.  I hadn’t heard about that.  Praise the Lord you are doing good now!
Thank you! We didn’t really tell a whole lot of people when it happened and didn’t know how to get ahold of a bunch of people without doing it on here and Sarah and Carol were dealing with enough stuff.
You’re going to BHR right?

No, sadly, I won’t be there.  I’m shooting for the 2019 BHR, tho.
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:59pm
Are you going to FCT?
48CJ2A
Tiny
gmcjr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmcjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:33am
Originally posted by Lee (MN) Lee (MN) wrote:

Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

Cool.. Larry and I sport the same type fashionable armwear.. mebbe we can arm rassel, what say you Tiny??

Yup, another guy that can't operate the cycle mower! (inside joke)..... Anyway the shirt looks awesome!, so does Tiny!.... Looking forward to a week with the BEST people!...

Lee

Just thinking......Tiny can work one handle bar on the sickle mo'sheen, Muley can work the other and Grumpy can sit on it to keep the gyrations down LOL They'll have us a camping spot fairway smooth in no time, lol!

X2 on looking forward to it! X100 on the best folks!Embarrassed
Gary

51 CJ-3A
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 2:36am

Are you going to FCT?

Yep, we’ll be there for that one.

My Videos
Jeff C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 7:52am
Hi Lee 
Put me in for one.  

Thanks Jeff 
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:03pm
Looking forward to seeing you enjoy the summer.
48CJ2A
Tiny
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 4:11pm
Well the Jeep has been tuned up, all joints greased, and all the fluids changed. We are skinny for the trails and the sticker is on the windshield. One less thing to worry about. Now to get some good gas in Hill City for the Jeep. Putting my spare parts together I found out that I did not have a spare fanbelt, no problem as I have a NAPA store near me. It's getting hot in the Ft Worth area. Temp should reach 97 on Friday ---- Hello Summer! Hope things are heating up in SD as well.

See y'all soon!
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 9:00pm
We are currently getting PM Thunderstorms just about every day. Comfortable temperatures and the grass is growing faster than I can mow it off. Two loads of firewood cut, hauled, split and stacked. I plan on being re-stocked for winter before the meet for sure. 

Come prepared for possible rain. One never knows what is coming next. So far creek run off levels are normal to below normal. Frankly, just right in my mind. Wink
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:53am
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

We are currently getting PM Thunderstorms just about every day. Comfortable temperatures and the grass is growing faster than I can mow it off. Two loads of firewood cut, hauled, split and stacked. I plan on being re-stocked for winter before the meet for sure. 

Come prepared for possible rain. One never knows what is coming next. So far creek run off levels are normal to below normal. Frankly, just right in my mind. Wink

Please send some rain east!

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Grumpy1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 11:51pm
Hello Tiny, if it's not too late put me down for an xl t-shirt. Glad to see you're up and about.
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 12:53am

Looking forward to seeing you enjoy the summer.
Me too!  Stay healthy!

You guys take lots of pictures and video for us jeep shut-ins.  Siiighhhhhh.  Cry

My Videos
Tiny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 2:00am
let's rassel.
48CJ2A
Tiny
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 2:15am

let's rassel.

You're on brother!LOL
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2018 at 11:43am

let's rassel.

Willys vs Willis??????????? Not again  Shocked
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 12:39pm
Only 22 more days after today until we leave for SD. Man this is going to be a real treat and can't wait to see everyone. How's the weather these days Oilly?
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 12:52pm
The weather is following the normal path of things. Cool 50 degree mornings and beautiful afternoons of 70's to 80's. Green, Green, Green. Lush actually. Vegetation that is------LOL. Oilly

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 12:27pm
We're headed down for Recon in the next few days. Wrongway, Rick R., Joe W., Oilly, and the ladies. Also some guests from Texas. We'll scout out 4 days of trails for you to enjoy. These trails are ALL ATV trails for 62 inch or less width rigs. It's a very popular area for this. We have 3 possible camps located and the deciding factor will be the access for long low profile campers and motorhomes. I prefer to be in the trees some, so that too will weigh in. Just 3 weeks away. Time flies. It was snowing just a few days ago wasn't it? Confused 

When you get your sticker and FS maps, take a minute to find Deerfield Lake, and Ditch Creek road. You'll see all the trails on either side of Ditch Creek. We will cover all of them. Our current count of interested parties is 38. Lots of friends indeed. Think back to all the previous Jeep outings and then add in remote camping when planning what to bring. Dust masks, water, gas, food, etc. Figure 4 days of trails at 5 gallons fuel per day with a chance to re-fill some gas cans on Wed.,  when we go to Hill City for the day. Wed. is a free day and if you desire to do some other type of entertainment, please feel free to do so. There are many things to do. Mount Rushmore, Custer State Park, Needles Highway, swimming in Deerfield Lake, Horse back riding, Helicoper rides, Antique shops, Art galleries, Train Rides, Imax Theater in Custer state Park, Fire Lookouts, and many, many places to eat/drink. Keystone is not far and has a gold mine, (Big Thunder). Borglum Story, Iron Mtn. Road, with pigtail bridges and tunnels, etc. Mint Chocolate Ice cream---------ummmmmm!Wink  Let's go! 
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 1:03pm
Good Morning Oilly,

Just wanted to update you, I will not be able to attend the BHR this year. So you can reduce your count by one. I was planning on bringing a 26 ft toy hauler ans a crew cab pick up. Hope all have a great time and maybe next year

Fltfndr Cry  
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 33>