Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Hills Run June 18-22, 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 4:32am
Originally posted by Huckleberry Huckleberry wrote:

I have 35 gallons of water on a trailer. More can be gotten if needed. Safe travels, Dan

Huck,
Where are you getting your additional water?  I'm trying to stay as light as possible while driving out.  I was hoping to fill my water containers once I got closer to camp.  It could save me a couple hundred pounds if I can get it locally.

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 4:45am
Tim when are you headed this way?   Tom
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 5:04am
Originally posted by 64CJ5 64CJ5 wrote:

Tim when are you headed this way?   Tom

PM sent.
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 11:51am
Sunday should wash this dust problem away with some needed rain. We got showers in Whitewood last night. Load up and head out this AM. Wrongway messaged me about the alternate route from camp to Deerfield Lake Road. For me, I'm coming the back way around the lake so Ditch Creek Road will be my plan. I have no exact directions to Slate creek road and 301, so I'll not say anymore. 

I think in the interest of dust, and miserable hot conditions, this week will be welcome with cooler temps and showers. You triple digit Texas folks will be adjusting your bodies to a new climate. Wink

Sounds like our 4 legged fertilzer friends think our camp is a good place to hang out. Confused  Stampede in the morning? 

I'm thinking new experiences and adventure is in the making. Thumbs Up see you very soon. Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 2:32pm
Dad always said, "A fool never changes his mind, a wise man does often." Of course he would tell me this when?

Anyway,   we had a 6 inch rain in Ames and the house I am trying to sell has a leak, so I will be up on the roof, changing my mind instead of on the trail, deciding if it is safe to be behind Jpet………………………………….
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 10:03pm
Be safe up on the roof.  Good luck with your repairs.
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
14 JK "Jake"

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2018 at 11:12pm
Well, as it turns out, I got a call from my HQ that I need to be back in Maryland next week so I will have to miss the BHR. 

Enjoy the run!
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 5:48am
Originally posted by dluber dluber wrote:

Well, as it turns out, I got a call from my HQ that I need to be back in Maryland next week so I will have to miss the BHR. 

Enjoy the run!

Dave,
I was going to say, “tell those guys to pound sand” but you probably better not.  Evil Smile

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 5:51am
Currently in rapid city, mt Rushmore in the morning and then off grid!

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 2:20pm
Rain off & on in Newcastle all night, 60* with light rain now.  This is going to be a wet BHR.
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
14 JK "Jake"

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 1:49pm
Day zero. Checking out trails-intermittent rain.
RWILLYS (Space R)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 2:32pm
RWILLYS (Space R)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 2:41pm
RWILLYS (Space R)
Rick R View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 3:01pm
RWILLYS (Space R)
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 4:16pm
Not sure I'm seeing the usual fun here! We just started a heat wave here yesterday, will send it your way today. Hope it get's there right away! Will have an HBR with y'all latter this aft!  Beer
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 9:18pm
Thank you Oilleaker1, Wrongway, Rick R and the other trail scouts for setting us up to have a grand Jeeping experience.  It was good to see old friends.  All the rain will be good for the Hills.  I hope every one got home safely so we can Jeep again an other day. 
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
14 JK "Jake"

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2018 at 9:25pm
The BHR 2018 has rained out. Very sad. The trails have turned to slime and rather than tear them to pieces, or get banned, we exited camp before the road in became impassable to motor homes and heavy units. It's still raining, and is forecast for all this week. I'll sure miss all my friends. 10 months in the planning , all for 2 days of torrential rain to ruin it. Until we Jeep Again! Oilly Ouch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2018 at 12:51am
BHR update: since Sat. PM until Mon. AM Deerfield received in a local residents rain gauge,  3 inches. Shocked

The new forecast says starting about noon tomorrow, more heavy rain until Thursday. 2-3 inches more. 

I now cast say that we have a official "Rain Check" to return and finish this meet. I hope all will come back that had to leave prematurely. The new date will most likely be next year, but it will be worth the wait. The trails are fun. Now to think up a slogan that fits. Oilly
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 33>