Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Body/frame tag info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2023 at 10:03am
I believe the foot operated starter switch should be where that patch plate is at front of the transmission tunnel. And you’re missing the foot rest to the right of the accelerator pedal. Mount is that front bolt hole of transmission cover.
Mike in AZ
Jeepinjase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeepinjase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2023 at 5:49pm
That foot switch on the left side of the clutch is your high/low beam switch.  When your high beams are on, you should have a little red light that comes on in the dash.
2ndgearhero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndgearhero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2023 at 1:56pm
Here is a photo of the floor.  I drew an arrow pointing to the starter switch.  The backside of the switch swems like its in the correct location:  I dont see any other holes/mounting locations that would indicate the start switch location.  I may be completely off but it looks factory to me.  Was there a special edition tub?  Wouldn't think so but it is different.

Edited by 2ndgearhero - 17 Jan. 2023 at 1:57pm
"If the women don't find you handsome, then they should at least find you handy" -RedGreen
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2023 at 2:28pm
Remove the 4 philips head screws that hold the 2x2 patch to the right of the accelerator. 
2ndgearhero View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndgearhero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2023 at 2:55pm
Gotcha, one of those "custom" starter locations?
"If the women don't find you handsome, then they should at least find you handy" -RedGreen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12