Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Body kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Body kit
    Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 7:31pm
The floor really needs to be replaces along with one fender.  The tail gate is iffy but could probably be messed with and both the taillight panels will need some messing with too.  I'm debating on getting the individual pieces and messing with or just get the entire body kit from Bensinger (https://www.dlbensinger.com/shop/t3-c-body-kit/).  I know is more money, but I would spend less time cutting out, welding, messing with in general.  My question is if anyone has actually seen these to see just how they are quality wise.
takesiteasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takesiteasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 10:22pm
I bought the tail light panels from Bensinger. They look fine- not perfect- needed some rework to fit well. 

I would be concerned that the overall cost of a whole new kit would be too high. You might be surprised by the shipping cost, and rework that might be necessary to fit to your frame.

If your issues are not rust like mine, I think you would be better off working with what you have and just adding a couple of pieces. "Messing with it" is half the fun! If you are like me, you aren't paying yourself anyway so it's only time. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply