Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

body mounts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep. 2021 at 12:18pm

Originally posted by Max Max wrote:

Originally posted by a4cj2a77 a4cj2a77 wrote:

Another question, The #1 bolts that are in shear, will they take a rubber pad. I assume they would, but when buying a rubber mount kit quantity was 12 ? Also does the grill/ fenders get any pads.

Thanks again,

Phil

Hey guys, anybody with the answer to this query?

Using the Parts list (can be found in forum under CJ2A Parts Project/Introduction)

CJ-2A Parts List

will show that there are liners at the #1 hold down (and all others).

Originally posted by Vintage Don Vintage Don wrote:

If you dig long enough in The CJ2A Page, you can find the answer to about everything!

I was trying to figure out if the body mount bolt, which I'm getting ready to replace -  which has the head right in the floor of the driver's floor board (I'm replacing that sheetmetal) - is properly a normal hex head or a carriage bolt. It's apparently a hex head sticking up in there.

Using the Parts List, all hold down bolts are hex except for the rear deck #5.  That's listed as a Step Bolt (looks similar to a carriage but a larger flatter head). That bolt at #3A (driver's side) goes into a captured nut from under the frame - no hole in the floor panel.  As Terry explains.  If too late for adding a captured nut inside the hat channel suggest an elevator bolt which has a flat head - and then add some good anti-squeak under the tank to create a good gap.

Originally posted by jgodfrey jgodfrey wrote:

Originally posted by TERRY TERRY wrote:

Also there is a bolt on each side of the floor that does not anchor to the frame, but supports the hat channel as it exits from under the tub to support the "step".

I don't see this location in the picture in this thread, or on my tub.  The hat channel runs under the step and the only bolt loaction in that area goes to the brackets on the outside of the frame.

Search "Hole To Nowhere"

Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12