Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bought my first Willys!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oil Town XJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bought my first Willys!
    Posted: 22 Nov. 2010 at 3:51am
Just picked up my first Willys, it's a 1947 CJ2A that needs some lovin

I wasn't planing on buying one, but I've always wanted an old flatty and a deal popped up on kijiji and I couldn't say no! I'm going to have to do a lot of research in the next couple weeks because I know almost nothing about theses things, I'm a die hard Cherokee guy. The CJ hasn't been driven in 15 years, the seats toast and needs lots of body work. 

How hard is it to find parts for them?
Whats the top speed it can do comfortably? I would like to drive it 100km in the summer out to the lake 
Any advice for someone starting on there first flatty project?

Thanks
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov. 2010 at 4:02am
Andrew Welcome and congrats. You can find all the info you need right here. First learn the search process here which is easy and there are even threads on that. Then just read  and ask questions here and in a few days you will have the full blow sickness like the rest of us. You can get parts pretty easy and here are a few of many places to look. Go to the link's section on the home page and there is several there. Good luck and have fun.
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
 Post Reply Post Reply