Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

bought my first

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l00ph0le Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bought my first
    Posted: 04 Aug. 2011 at 6:09pm

Bought for 250 on craigslist.....need some advice on tire size, and rebuilding rear tailgate.
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2011 at 6:58pm
Welcome, we're going to need bigger (and more) pictures to give meaningful comments (old eyes syndromeLOL) You might want to look through some of the projects builds and see what was done on others, I use 600 x 16 NDT's, this is not original but I wanted to match the tires on the Jeep. These originally came with passenger car tread (same size). And if you're not aware of it, this site has some really good info http://bantamt3c.com/index.htm
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
l00ph0le View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l00ph0le Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2011 at 10:10pm
l00ph0le View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l00ph0le Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2011 at 10:11pm
Above is an online album with some pics of the trailer....
l00ph0le View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l00ph0le Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2012 at 11:56pm
Finally started tearing my trailer down to get the sheet metal repaired and get the whole thing media blasted....

Wow, once flipped over things got somewhat worse.....Found some severe rust and some holes in the frame rails on the end of the angle pieces where they bolt onto into the rest of the trailer..pics to follow...

Almost all the nuts on the bottom are simply corroded down to next to nothing...it has made taking it apart difficult...

Once i have the suspension off and the axle off, I will be taking the springs to a local spring shop to have them rework them and to check them out...

Anything I need to know about pulling the bolts out of the springs...are they under alot of tension?
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr. 2012 at 6:50pm
Looks like a good little trailer.  The springs and bearings hubs etc. are the same as front 2A!   
'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5
 Post Reply Post Reply