Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > How to information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brake Pedal Wobble Fix, Photos.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnInVegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brake Pedal Wobble Fix, Photos.
    Posted: 31 Dec. 2018 at 4:48am
I know it is a common theme. My recently acquired '46 had more wobble in the pedal than a Weeble. Based on some ideas I saw in the forums I borrowed those and here is what I did. First I sleeved/shimmed the pedal bore. I just happened to have some thin brass sheet around and cut a strip to use. That took up a lot of the slop. Will that eventually wear out? Yes, probably. Then I also used the "squeeze-the-assembly together" method with this. Not detailed in the photos, I welded the washer seen in front of the cotter pin in the picture to the shaft and then removed the cotter pin. Works well. The 1" ID washers are from Lowe's specialty hardware section. The 3/8" all-thread, nuts, and 1" plumbing cap is also from Lowes.  I hope this helps someone with their pedal slop.

Edited by JohnInVegas - 31 Dec. 2018 at 4:52am
1946 CJ-2A #21569
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2018 at 5:19am
It's good that you are figuring out the shaft. I know from years ago that the grease zerk was not put in a proper place. I thought about putting it a smarter place.
uncamonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply