Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Breakfast Buddy" Nostalgia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Breakfast Buddy" Nostalgia
    Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 4:54am
Years ago, we were posting "theme" photos each month.   A theme one month was simulated vintage photos.  I got the idea of taking one of my "breakfast buddy" fishing, during a camping trip we took.   (breakfast buddies is a program at local elementary school, where "mentors" have breakfast once a week in cafeteria).  I have always expanded on the breakfasts,  and also do things outside of school with them,  like this camping trip with some fellow CJ2Apage members.

I bring this up now,  because I ran into one of my previous buddy's relatives today.  He asked if I had talked to my former buddy recently.   I have not,  but now plan to get in contact with him  (he is a junior in high school !!)

Here is the photo we took back then,  (still my avatar).

The photo looks so serene,   but there was a lot going on behind the scenes.   The sun was setting fast,  and only had something like a 10 minute window of good light.  I had three other kids running around (but hiding behind the bank in photo).  One of them is holding the fishing string tight,  haha

Good times!

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 5:05am
That's an excellent photo!

ETA: What does your ol' buddy remember about that photo session?  How about the whole "Buddy" thing?

Edited by Ol' Unreliable - 21 Jan. 2018 at 3:27am
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
BryanB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BryanB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 11:05am
That should be on a postcard!
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 11:44am
That's really nice Ron, both the photo and the mentoring.  Good on ya!
Steve
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
 Post Reply Post Reply