Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Build list

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatdogdonthunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Build list
    Posted: 26 Oct. 2021 at 6:56pm
Pulled the body off the 3b. Pulled locked up 350 and trans/tcase. Starting to put together which way I want to go. Will put 2a body on 3b frame. Most likely run 4.3 to stock tranny. I have watched about every video that Jpet has to get different ideas. Is there a thread out there that has just a list for the various builds they guys in the videos have done? 
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct. 2021 at 7:40pm
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Thatdogdonthunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatdogdonthunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2021 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by oldtime oldtime wrote:

Is this the kinda info you’d looking for ?
That definitely helps.  I own a auto repair shop and play a lot of the videos Jpet and the guys that run with him post on youtube on the tv in the shop. We get into discussions about what each Jeep is running, ie brakes, steering set up, springs, engine tranny combo, etc...  Ive always thought a good walk around video or posts with "this is what im running" info would be cool.  I dont want to copy any one's jeep, but get ideas from all of them. Thanks for responding. 
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2021 at 2:25pm
Chad, 
I'm sure your skillset is way beyond mine. I mostly use a hammer and 9/16 wrench to fix all my stuff.
Anyway,  if you haven't seen this, it's my walkaround for Grampa's Jeep.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Thatdogdonthunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatdogdonthunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2021 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Chad, 
I'm sure your skillset is way beyond mine. I mostly use a hammer and 9/16 wrench to fix all my stuff.
Anyway,  if you haven't seen this, it's my walkaround for Grampa's Jeep.

Stan,
I appreciate your unsubstanciated confidence in my skill set.  I do have to use a flat head and some pliers from time to time so i think you are beyond me. I have watched your video several times. Yours is my motivation to keep stock drivetrain. It would be cool to see similar vids from the other guys you run with. Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply