Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

came across some grass shields

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2006 at 11:13pm
You'd be afraid to use it if it did...I know I would!

Double sided sword there... guess that's why a guy has to have more than one Big%20smile
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting "...holy cow, what a ride!"
(Name Blocked) View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2006 at 7:04am

Those are nice would love to see the skid plate and front drive shaft shield

Howard View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2006 at 10:29am
Hi Guys
Vix 46 in these photos is my CJ. I retitled and have the same license plate here in New Mexico. Harold Bollenbacher lives in Reno, Nevada, I think. His 45 was at Tower Park,CA. military swap meet last spring, the same time as Vix 46. Pretty cool day. It was a complete surprise that we were there together. It was really cool to turn the corner in mine and see his sitting there. I had to park them together for a couple of hours that day. To much fun...Smile 
I regret I did not catalogue his jeep better. I don't know who restored it for him but it is a different specimen than mine. His is a show piece where mine is a driver. And I have no fear driving mine where I would think twice about driving his on a regular basis. His is really a show class vehicle. Each vehicle is unique to themselves in their originality and detail.
Alan, I could try to contact him if you need to see the shields better.
BTW I think he had a nice high hood at the meet this last fall. I was here in NM though.
Thanks for posting these, Doug.
Howard

Edited by Howard - 31 Oct. 2006 at 11:02am
Howard F Jewett

1946 CJ2A #23353

43 GPW 106505 USA #20366014

43 Bantam Trailer T3 #14844

52 M100 K1119
Doug View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2006 at 1:38pm
Howard, Thanks for sending the pictures!

I added them to one of my online albums so all can enjoy.

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l320/dougs715/Other%20Peoples%20Jeeps/
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
shouting "...holy cow, what a ride!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12