Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carb Value

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducati Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb Value
    Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 4:55pm
            I know this is a crazy question but- - - -   My 2A came with a Solex carb which, on occasion has displayed the standard issue of flooding, and really stinks when idling. So, I found a 636sa Carter which looks ok but who really knows till it's running what you got? So, the basic "what's it worth" question comes up. At a dealer you pay too much, compared to a swap-meet if you can do the rebuild yourself, which I can. Is there someone on here that would sell a good core is the other question?
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 5:05pm
$75 to $100 is what a core sells for typical on eBay.
Jay
Fyrwise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fyrwise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2020 at 10:00pm
Rod, 

I have a good core-complete carb I will sell you.  It was on my 47 cj2a,  I had a NOS carb that came with my Jeep when I bought it.  Easier for me to swap then rebuild the old one.   If you’re interested, I will sell it for 95.00 plus cost of shipping.  It’s been in a box in my garage for a couple of months but it is complete.  

Best. Bob Scott 
Bob S.
Ducati Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducati Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2020 at 12:14pm
I've got a bid on one on that famous auction site, depending on how that goes I may or may not be getting back to you - but thanks!!
 Post Reply Post Reply