Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Central PA Winter trail ride - Event Date: 16 Feb. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2020 at 3:43pm
Yes only one week away!!! I need a head count so I can lock in a parking area. Either way it will be within a few minutes of the link below. Once I have a final head count I will post the exact location. If the group isn’t too big we can use my back yard. So if you are coming please comment and let me know. Also if you are bringing a 40’ goose neck or something let me know. 😆! 

Ron, sounds good. Just pack whatever you take for a normal Jeep ride. There will be little to no cell service for the majority of the ride but we will all have tools/spares/straps etc... and this won’t be the kinda trial you’re going to break axles and roll over on. Just a leisurely drive through the woods. And don’t worry I will make sure we go where there is snow. We got another 4” yesterday. Worst case scenario we head about 30 mins north of here. They got lots more snow than we did. We will have a great time either way

Edited by Millennium falcon - 19 Feb. 2020 at 4:01am
WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb. 2020 at 4:25pm
I'm in! trailering from State College Sunday morning. 18' tandem behind a pickup. Will have tire chains, tow straps, assorted tools, and some spares.
See you next Sunday.
John
'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2020 at 12:56am
I will be there as long as there is no salt on the roads. 16' flat deck trailer.
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb. 2020 at 6:27pm
Just made my reservation for the Hampton.  Looks like it's filling up quickly.  If anyone gets shut out, I reserved a room with 2 queens and it's just me.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2020 at 1:02am
Originally posted by Bob W Bob W wrote:

I will be there as long as there is no salt on the roads. 16' flat deck trailer.

+1

Originally posted by bobevans bobevans wrote:

Just made my reservation for the Hampton.  Looks like it's filling up quickly.  If anyone gets shut out, I reserved a room with 2 queens and it's just me.

I would be interested in splitting a room.

My plans would be to start out early Saturday morning,  swing a little east to western MD to visit with my mother,   then head up to hotel that evening.  

Wilson has been working this weekend,  winching trees,  and hauling firewood in the Bantam.  It is ready for some fun. Smile 
Dr. B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2020 at 1:57am
I'm in barring any emergencies. We'll be coming that morning with a truck and 12' trailer. My son and I are looking forward to it. Thanks for setting this up.
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2020 at 1:26pm
Awesome! I can’t wait to see everyone! 

Originally posted by Dr. B Dr. B wrote:

I'm in barring any emergencies. We'll be coming that morning with a truck and 12' trailer. My son and I are looking forward to it. Thanks for setting this up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2020 at 3:14am
The weather report looks clear at the moment! Tomorrow I will do the final trail check and post the exact parking location. Also... please bring something to eat on the trail. There aren’t any food stops on this ride. We will be in the woods most of the time and will likely be starting and stopping a lot. So throw a burrito on you manifold! Haha! Also make sure you have tools tires, gas or whatever you need to keep your rig moving! 😊 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2020 at 12:35pm
Local weather report as of this morning! Looks good! 

Edited by Millennium falcon - 19 Feb. 2020 at 4:01am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2020 at 10:02pm
Ok y’all the time has come to lock in the route and parking location. We will be meeting at the following link at 9:00am Sunday morning.

Edited by Millennium falcon - 19 Feb. 2020 at 4:02am
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2020 at 3:20pm
This appears to be about 30 minutes from hotel.    Is this the 30 minutes you mentioned,   to get closer to snow?  :-)    or will we be driving the flatties 30 minutes from here?   Not important to know now,  just get curious. 

Is there any snow?   It has been so warm and rainy here in VA this past week,   I can not imagine what snow feels like.    Whatever is on the ground should be hard and crusty based on the forecast above.    I am glad we are not doing this Friday.  LOL

Chrisyoung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrisyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2020 at 4:46pm
Do you have a head count on how many going 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2020 at 4:52pm
All good questions ron... The boat launch is the parking location. We will unload there and have a 10 minute jeep ride to where the pavement ends. There will definitely be snow.. the question is... How much and how high will we have to climb to get to it. Where we will be unloading will have zero snow... We will start up a valley trail down low by the river and climb our way up to the snow line.. Only the last few miles will be snow. Could be anywhere from a few inches to a lot... its a different climate up there. I drove up there in my car last week and there was probably 6-10' on the ground so I couldn't take my car back the road to check the trail. It should be enough to make it fun and get you some cool pictures of your jeep in the snow. 

Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

This appears to be about 30 minutes from hotel.    Is this the 30 minutes you mentioned,   to get closer to snow?  :-)    or will we be driving the flatties 30 minutes from here?   Not important to know now,  just get curious. 

Is there any snow?   It has been so warm and rainy here in VA this past week,   I can not imagine what snow feels like.    Whatever is on the ground should be hard and crusty based on the forecast above.    I am glad we are not doing this Friday.  LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2020 at 4:54pm
Right now we are at 10 jeeps confirmed and 3 maybes.... If my math is correct. A few people were waiting on the weather to decide.... As of right now fri/sat are forcasted to be sunny and cold... Sunday is 39 degrees and clouds then back to sun again on Monday so traveling shouldn't be too much of an issues. I hope everyone is able to make it! 

Originally posted by Chrisyoung Chrisyoung wrote:

Do you have a head count on how many going 
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2020 at 4:06am
This trip is going to force me to do an antifreeze adjustment.   LOL      I picked up a checker today,  and the antifreeze in Wilson was only good down to 20 degrees.    I drained the radiator and filled back up with full strength.   We will see how much that helped tomorrow,  (after a full warm up run to get it mixed).   I am not sure what percent the volume of radiator is compared to entire volume,  but hopefully that will be enough.  

The trip to my mother's on Saturday morning looks like it is going be in low teens on the way.  Don't want to freeze up the radiator going 60-70 mph.  (on the trailer). 

Getting close!

Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2020 at 8:25pm
I'm ready to head out early in the morning........

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2020 at 8:58pm
Excellent! 
WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2020 at 10:55pm
hi all,
We'll be there tomorrow, but without Ol' Sakeskin. Developed a carburation issue this morning. No start, and doing some funky spewage of vapor back to air cleaner. Still sorting this out, but I'm thinking Scout Pilot needs to take a look. This one blindsided me. Everything was stowed, loaded, and ready to go. Oh well.

Sooo, my son and I will show up to meet ya' all, say hello, then continue hauling the jeep up to camp for more work. I really do wish to make your acquaintance. .

Seth, I'll pick the  steps you built from me tomorrow, and then let you all get on your way.

Sorry about this, but I'd rather not have a failure on the trail!

See you tomorrow morning..

John

P.S. still interested in another run, from my camp in Clearfield County, this summer. Will keep all apprised.
'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>