Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2019! - Event Date: 15 Sep. 2019 - 20 Sep. 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan. 2019 at 8:29pm
I'm all for being ready to run trails after the morning drivers meeting. I always carry a jerry can with fuel on the trails for myself and for those moments when a fellow jeep'r needs help. I think last year we overloaded their septic system too!
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Willys Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willys Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 12:03am
Mike,

Got my form filled out and in the mail. Is there some way of doing an "air drop" to get my form there faster. Can't wait, we had a good time last year for our first time.

John
JC
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 12:09am
First off, I will not be an applicant this year, that will hopefully make room for a first timer who can have the opportunity to a FCT expierience!, my past 3 visits were vacations that I will never forget, and I’m sure I can speak for my wife, sister and buddy Rolf who were each right seaters! 👍👍👍. I do find the gas in the morning a time burner, but we all need gas. I have stayed at hotels on my three tours, Salida on the last two, so I passed the gas stop each morning on my way to the TDR, last year I brought along a gas can that holds 8 gallons, I’d stop and fill it up on my way and then top off the Jeep each morning, that worked very well for me!... Also, on my 3 FCT I do not believe I’ve ever used more than 7 gallons on a daily ride so there’s no reason to carry excessive ammounts of extra gas, most days 4-5 gallons.

Many thanks to Mike & Nancy and everyone else who make this event possible!

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
jss5724 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jss5724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 5:40am
Noticed you ask about NM wheeling and then clicked your profile and see you are from TX. You near Amarillo?  
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by mriceflinter mriceflinter wrote:

Mike,
 One quick question. Do you know the hours of operation for the sugar shack during the FCT?  Mike

It's usually staffed from about 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, but the pumps are on 24/7.  Can't get a candy bar at midnight, but you can still get gas. 

Willysguy, no need to fly your registration here.  You are getting it in months before it'll go through the lottery.  I do appreciate you getting it in so early.  And I'm anxious too, to see what happens this year! 

Lee, ol' buddy, pal, friend, comrade.  I'm sad to see you aren't coming this year.  Who would possibly want my next six-pack of Spam more than you?  And you bring the most wonderful right-seat riders. I hope we'll see you on the trail somewhere else this year. 

Edited by m38mike - 23 Jan. 2019 at 12:48pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Originally posted by mriceflinter mriceflinter wrote:

Mike,
 One quick question. Do you know the hours of operation for the sugar shack during the FCT?  Mike

It's usually staffed from about 6:00 am to 8:00 pm, but the pumps are on 24/7.  Can't get a candy bar at midnight, but you can still get gas. 

Sort of reminds me of a sporting goods store from where I grew up "Al's got worms and white gas". I feel sorry for the guy.
uncamonkey
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2019 at 3:21pm

Lee, ol' buddy, pal, friend, comrade.  I'm sad to see you aren't coming this year.  Who would possibly want my next six-pack of Spam more than you?  And you bring the most wonderful right-seat riders. I hope we'll see you on the trail somewhere else this year. 

Mike, not really sure of my employment situation I’m a little hesitant to make long range plans for fall!, plus I may have another commitment at FCT time!..... Spam and stories elsewhere possibly 😉👍🏿

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2019 at 1:28am

<div style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">
<div style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">Most Excellent!  A subject matter expert in a field where I am a novice, but require faith in it working for me.  OK Professor, a question on results.  If I select a generator, and specify a range of 1-100, should I expect to see any duplicate numbers displayed (i.e. 27 twice) during it's generation of say 90 numbers?  <div style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">
<div style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">And since I would like to get this data into an excell spreadsheet for the guides to have in case we have an accident, perhaps I should start building my spreadsheet now.  And between now and May you can tutor me on effective ways to use excell's RMD(.) command.  Professor Alan, are you up to the challenge?

Yessir!  

Assuming you're using Excel then use RAND().   You won't get any duplicates.

Another path is to use RANDBETWEEN(a, b) but I would not use this one.  There is risk of duplicates because it's limited to coughing up integers.
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2019 at 3:08am
Mike,
 In light of the info you gave us on the hours they are open, I see no reason why we can't fuel up the night before after the previous run. That will eliminate the problem in the morning. I for one plan on evening fueling and I hope others will do the same. Simple cure if you agree. After all, normally we will already be out at the highway.   Mike
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2019 at 1:53pm
Thanks for the tips Professor Alan!  But I do want to generate integers, not decimals.  So perhaps the RANDBETWEEN (a, b) would be the command to use.  I would just need to make sure the spread is large enough to reduce the chance of duplicate numbers being issued.  It should work if the range is double the number of forms that I have.  

Lee, I heard somewhere that Grumpy might be hiring drivers so he won't have to go out in the snow and cold.  You might inquire with him.  What a great opportunity to move away from your current situation, but don't forget to bring some tree seeds with you. 

mriceflinter, that is certainly a viable option.  I'm looking more and more at just having everyone fueled up before the Driver's meeting.  Fill the night before? OK.  Fill that morning? OK.  Bring your own fuel and fill whenever?  OK.  I like the idea of taking off from TDR at 9:00 and heading straight out into the mountains.  

I might have heard a rumor about someone maybe trying to set up a copycat event at the same time as FCT for folks who don't get selected for FCT.  I might have said I'd offer help with advice and info if they wanted it.  But it would be up to them to make the event known and solicit participants.  We'll see if this bird will fly. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2019 at 11:26pm
This week I received 8 new registration forms.  Added to the 31 previous forms gives me 39 total. 

The names for this week, in no particular order are: Ohrns, Ladwig/Domajnko, Lee, Murch, Huffaker, Ahlbrandt, Nichols, and Lannerd.   
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Willys Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willys Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2019 at 8:33pm
Made our hotel reservations today in Buena Vista. They are filling up fast. The Best Western is sold out for that week. We got onto the Supper 8, but they are limited. On another note, filling up before the run. Could you give directions on how to get to the gas station from the TDR. Last year being our first time, we just followed the crowed.

John
JC
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb. 2019 at 2:24pm
Willysguy, Here's the turn by turn directions from TDR to the Sugar Shack gas station.

Leave TDR, and turn left on Old Ranch Loop.  At the end of Old Ranch Loop, turn left on County 282.  At the end of county 282, turn left on County 270.  At the 4-way intersection turn left to remain on county 270.  At the stop sign turn right on Hwy 285.  Go 1/2 mile and Sugar Shack will be on your right.  

I will have maps available at FCT to help folks find the Sugar Shack.  It's about 4 miles and takes about 10 minutes to get there.  Getting back to TDR is simply a reverse of the directions. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2019 at 2:38am
It sounds funny to make four left turns and not be back where you started from.  LOL
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2019 at 11:39am
Registrations are slowing down.  I only received 4 this past week.  That brings me up to 43 forms. 

The names are: Tarvin; Linafelter; Gibson; and King.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
jss5724 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jss5724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2019 at 9:08pm
I just put my application on the pony.  Should be up there by Saturday.  Thanks!
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2019 at 7:00pm
jss5724, Either the horse came up lame, or he stayed longer in the stall to stay out of the weather, but your registration didn't make it yet.  I'll bet I get it on Monday.

This week I got two forms, so I'm up to 45.  The two I received are from Dawson and Petrowich. 

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Mr. Vic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Vic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2019 at 5:37am
Hi Mike, The FCT sounds like so much fun.  I've read about it and looked at photos before I even owned a Flattie.  Last spring I finally made a 30 year dream happen and bought a '46 CJ2A.  My goal is to have it reliable and safe by the FCT.  Could you give a brief itinerary for those of us hoping to make 2019 our first FCT?  If I don't get chosen, I'd like to come and camp for a day or join in on a dinner just to see the Jeeps and talk to like minded people.  
Thanks
'46 CJ2A
'60 Willys Wagon
'61 Econoline P/U
'29 Model A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 28>