Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2019! - Event Date: 15 Sep. 2019 - 20 Sep. 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 28>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

… I want to remind folks that you are welcome to come as a walk-in, and do not need to pre-register to do that.  However, we will still need a registration and waiver from you before you join us on the trails.  That's so we can contact the right person if anything bad happens to you.  We always have empty seats, and I know that many of the solo drivers would love to have company out on the trail. …...
What's the difference between a "walk-in" and someone who was selected other than the selected ones are pre-registered?
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by aboyandhisdog aboyandhisdog wrote:

Mike,  so if you have a cancellation, do you run the #'s again for the alternates and produce another random lottery, or is there some hierarchy with the names already?

Yes Tom I do have a plan.  Thanks for asking.  Let me lay it out here.  On May 1 I'll have a tall stack of invitees on the primary list, and a short stack of offers to be on the alternate list.  Anyone who does not make the Primary list of the first 50 Jeeps will be offered the option of being on the alternate list.  Their choice, yes or no.  If they choose to be on the alternate list then if someone on the Primary list has to drop out, I will go to the Alternate list to fill that open primary slot.  One question I will ask of each alternate is what date is the latest date you want to be contacted for filling a primary slot.  Some folks may need 2 months lead time before they could come.  Some folks may only need 2 days lead time.  I will leave that up to each alternate to tell me what they are comfortable with.  The latest available date to come will not affect the alternate's place in the sequence of alternates, until those before him time out. 

I will use the random number sequence from the lottery to determine who is first alternate, and who is second alternate, etc..  I will let each alternate know where they are on the alternate list.  And if anyone in front of you in the alternate list says no, or drops out, then you move up on the list. 

This was the plan I came up with some time ago, and it's about as fair as I can make it.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

… I want to remind folks that you are welcome to come as a walk-in, and do not need to pre-register to do that.  However, we will still need a registration and waiver from you before you join us on the trails.  That's so we can contact the right person if anything bad happens to you.  We always have empty seats, and I know that many of the solo drivers would love to have company out on the trail. …...
What's the difference between a "walk-in" and someone who was selected other than the selected ones are pre-registered?

Walk in's don't have Jeeps.  They are passengers in someone else's Jeep. If they bring a Jeep then I am in the difficult position of asking them not to use their Jeep in any of our guided trips.  They are free to go out on their own.  Just not on our guided tours.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 6:46pm
Well we've already got two folks out of the primary list this morning.  One is a name I was told some time ago would not attend, but I forgot to pull the form.  They got included in the primary list.  So I'm pulling them now and opening a spot for one of our alternates.  The second one texted me this morning and asked that I pull his form and reclass him as a walk-in.  He will come but won't use his Jeep during any of the scheduled tours.  He may participate in any "rogue adventures" that I'm not responsible for.  So there's two slots open for our alternates.  I will attempt to contact the two alternates who are in first and second place based on the random number list to make sure they can come.  I would assume so since their form was in the lottery.  But you never know until you ask them.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 7:50pm
I contacted the first two alternates and they both agreed to fill the open primary slots.  So Wilson will replace Johnson(J/C), and Fitch will replace Petrowich.  I will send letters out to all the other alternates to let them know where they are on the list and see if they want to stay on the alternate list.  My thanks to both Wilson and Fitch for getting back with me so quickly.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:51am
Mike,
 I want to commend you with how well you seem to be getting things going for the FCT. It fits in with the way you have run things in the past so on behalf of all of us I want to thank you for all you do for us. Thanks, Mike 
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 2:49pm
In answer to some of the PMs I've been getting, Yes, I'm coming. I'm the one who is coming in as a walk-in. Unless the trail is technical, I have more fun riding with someone than driving by myself. I'll bring BAM BAM just in case someone wants to do something "Qwaaazy".
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 2:03am
I was afraid this would happen, and it did.  I had a 4 month open window for sending in registration forms but someone would wait to the last minute to send it to me.  Well unfortunately the horse delivering mail in our valley is a slow horse.  I'm afraid Mr. Walsh that your registration didn't arrive until today.  The Primary list is already filled.  The best I can offer you is to append your registration to the Alternate list. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 12:26am
If you are coming to the FCT please bring your guitar, harmonica, fiddle, banjo, or any other instrument that makes music. I'm not a professional by any means but I enjoy a jam session and sing along. Did I mention I am not a professional singer either? I just enjoy music and it would be fun to have a few more guys and gals playing and singing in the evening after the jeep run.

Time flys and September will be here before you know it.

Tumbleweed................

49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
47 deuce alpha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47 deuce alpha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 12:47am

Time flys and September will be here before you know it.

Tumbleweed...............

Hope to see ya'll there, Don't forget your dutch oven!!
1947 CJ2A 90419
1947 CJ2A 127735
1949 Ford 8N
1955 Kaiser Willys Pickup
Half the distance takes you twice as long.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 1:53am
I have plans to make dutch oven cobbler and possibly fajitas this year for the pot luck dinner on Thursday.

Good to hear from you Stan and looking forward to seeing you again.
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:51am
Heard that the TDR got a little snow! Any good pictures?
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:17am
Here's the view out the front window of TDR.  We got about 9-10 inches of wet snow overnight.  The temps went up to the high 30's but continued to snow all day.  Supposed to snow all night again.  Then rain all day tomorrow.  Right now the Thirsty Dirt Ranch ain't so thirsty.  

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:08am
Looks cold and wet but good for the ground and vegetation. It may be interesting in September. May have to consult farmers almanac to see what's up this year.   
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:16am
As always, I want to know where this snow was 5 months ago when we needed it.  Cry
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:52am
Mike,
 The other day, a couple of the guys in the jeep club over here were talking about planning to come over to your neck of the woods in about mid june to run Mount Princeton. Do you think they will be able to do it???   Mike
unclemoak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unclemoak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:46am
Geez, snow in May!?! 

And here I thought the weather in Wisconsin was funky. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 5:10am
Believe it or not, when I loved in Wheatland Wyoming I saw snow in the city limits every month except August. We actually had 5" on july 4. I know it sounds very odd but I swear it is true!  Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 28>