Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2020! - Event Date: 20 Sep. 2020 - 26 Sep. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: CFFC Fall Color Tours 2020!
    Posted: 01 Jan. 2020 at 8:56am
Welcome to the announcement of the 2020 CFFC Fall Color Tours (FCT)!!

Once again my wife, Nancy, and I would like to invite all of you to join us for another week of Jeeping in Colorado's High Country.  We'll put together another great week of off-road travels through the beautiful San Isabel, Gunnison, and Rio Grande National Forests.  We'll take you as high as 13,000 feet above sea level, and as low as 7,000 feet.  We'll guarantee that you'll get to see sweeping mountain vistas from Rocky Mountain trails that have been around for over a hundred years.  You'll get to travel up to a hundred miles a day on roads made of gravel, rock and dirt - perfect for old Jeeps - and demanding four wheel drive.  For some of the new folks who will join us this year, you will get to see what your Willys was built to do - scrambling up steep grades - fording cold mountain streams - accessing old mines and abandoned cabins high in the mountains.  

The Thirsty Dirt Ranch will again be open for camping for those who want to "rough it" just a little bit.  Our ranch will be the headquarters for all of the rides that we'll offer this year.  Your guides, Bruce, Ron, and Mike, are anxious to take you on some memorable adventures here in the Rocky Mountains.  We'll post a list of the trails we'll take in June so you'll have all summer to plan out and anticipate the trails you'll get to ride under the golden leaves of autumn.  In order to keep this a quality experience for participants and guides, we will again have advanced registration and a lottery to see who will join us this year.  Details of that will be posted within the next couple of weeks.  

So mark your calendars for September 20 to 26, and start making plans to join us for another colorful week of tours here in our back yard.  Nancy and I, Bruce and Ron, are anxious to see many of our old Jeeping buddies, and to meet and make new friends with the new folks who will join us this year.  So keep watching this thread to learn what to expect, how to prepare for a mountain adventure, lottery results, and what to do to make this a most memorable event.  Again, from all of us who host this event - WELCOME TO THE 2020 FALL COLOR TOURS!!
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2020 at 1:45pm
My calendar is marked!
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2020 at 3:00pm
I'm marking the calendar and hope to get another stab with a working carb this year. 
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2020 at 4:14pm
The dates are marked and my lottery fingers crossedTongue, hope to see you and Nancy and Kate  and Bruce and Jeff and Red Willy and Dennis and Muley and .... everyone in the fall.
Terry & Ginny
BOULDER 48 2A
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2020 at 4:24pm
Check and double check! Muley..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2020 at 4:32pm
My calendar is happily marked. I look forward to seeing both long time and new friends in this visionary year, 2020. Hopefully I'll see my way to completing CJ2-26. Thank you, Mike and Nancy, for continuing to host the best jeep trail riding event in our country. Smile 
Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2020 at 4:52pm
Mike my calendar is marked.  Now we will see how the year progresses.  I will keep an eye on this page.    
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2020 at 6:00pm
2020 FCT Registration

My great thanks to jpet for fixing my mistakes with the registration form.  Just like last year, I'll accept forms from now to April 30.  On May 1 I'll run the random number generator to see who makes the 50 Jeep cut, and who makes the alternate list.  Just a note on last year, I ended up with opening for everyone on the alternate list.  

Edited by m38mike - 02 Jan. 2020 at 7:16pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2020 at 6:06pm
Mike, your links aren't working. I get a 404 message on both.

Duh...I guess I should have read your post closer...

Edited by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A - 02 Jan. 2020 at 6:11pm
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2020 at 6:24pm
Try this one:

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/uploads/1479/cffc_fct_2020_Registration.pdf

Mine is in the mail!

Edited by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A - 02 Jan. 2020 at 6:35pm

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2020 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A wrote:

Mine is in the mail!

Well SE Kansas, I've never had anyone quite so quick to get a registration turned in!  I hope you are rewarded with a low lottery number, and a place among the 50 Jeeps that will attend.  Thank you for your interest and excitement!  

I'd like to take this opportunity to let folks know that it does not matter if you get your registration in right now, or if you wait to mid-April to send it in.  As long as I have it in my folder by April 30th.  On May 1st I'll have everyone listed on a spread sheet, and I'll use a random number generator to assign numbers to each registration.  So everyone will have an equal chance of getting one of the first 50 numbers.  This seems to be the fairest way I can find to determine who can come and still keep the numbers within our capacity to manage this event.  

Having just said that it does not matter when in these four months you get it sent in, I would encourage each of you to send your registration in sooner than later.  Just to make sure that the slow horse that delivers our mail gets it here on time.  I'll post up a weekly list of name for registrations received that week.  That way you can be certain that I got your registration, and that you don't need to send in multiple copies.  You got that Kate???  Just one is needed.  Last year Kate sent in four forms.  I guess she thought she'd increase the odds of winning a place in the first 50.  Well it doesn't work that way.  I'll keep the latest copy that you send me and toss the previous copies out.  

How do we use the information on the form?  The guides have a copy of the spreadsheet with some of  your information in case we have a medical emergency.  That way we can give the First Responders some information about who ever might have been hurt.  And we have a name and number for someone back home to contact.  We also use it for our statistical analysis of Jeeps attending, states represented, number of people attending, oldest and youngest person, etc.  We don't share your personal information with anyone but the staff who run this event.  

So get your forms filled out and sent in, and let's make this a great year for Jeeping!!
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2020 at 1:44pm
Well ..... I like my way better.  Hah!  
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
Red Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2020 at 2:03pm
Thats what I like about you Kate, what ever it takes Wink
Glen
49 CJ3A
Smith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2020 at 4:34am
Thank you for hosting this again and just printed off the form. Going to get it mailed out soon as wanting to do this event for sometime and the CJ should be ready by March... then will do some summer testing. Now just got to figure out the logistics of getting down there (Thinking of trailering it down) cause want to be ready if our number is selected. 

Edited by Smith - 04 Jan. 2020 at 4:40am
Serial #106163 Body#106168 1947 CJ2A "SLOW TUG"
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2020 at 11:16am
Yes Katiedid, you would like your way better.  So many more chances of getting chosen.  And what if you were chosen 3 times out of the 4 registrations??  What then?  Would you stay for 3 weeks instead of just the one?  Would you go on 3 rides every day instead of just the one?  Would you stay up in the mountains 3 times longer each day?  Maybe you'd just cause me 3 times more trouble!!!  Or perhaps you'd just do 3 times more of the wonderful job you do with coffee and registrations.  Now THAT I could take pretty well.  

Ssshhh!  Red Willy, don't encourage her!  She's already trying to think up ways to make my life more difficult. 

Smith, I wish you success getting your Jeep ready, and in the lottery!  I would love to have a Canadian join us for the tours.  The first time I was in Calgary, we stopped to see the Stampede.  We were flat-towing my Blue Mule from Colorado to Alaska.  That was back in 1979.  I remember it fondly, but I remember that your town has grown a lot since then. I passed through again in 2012 on my way back from Alaska and the Yukon, towing the Electro-Willys. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2020 at 2:18pm
Mike, it is my mission in life to be sure you stay on top of your game.  I occasionally pitch a curve ball just to be sure you're paying attention.  Things like forgetting to plug in the coffee pot.  You handle major problems with a grace and ease that is a thing of beauty to behold.  I guess I just like beholding beauty!
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2020 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

You handle major problems with a grace and ease that is a thing of beauty to behold.  I guess I just like beholding beauty!

Well sister, if you like to be holding beauty, you won't be holding me.  I'm about as mean and ugly as I can be.  Besides, I've got a reputation for ornery that I've got to live down to.  So don't be talking about beholding beauty - and looking my way.  It ain't happenin'.  

Edited by m38mike - 04 Jan. 2020 at 4:44pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
nivrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2020 at 11:53pm
Printed and filled out, going in the mail first thing Monday.
I'm already planning which parts I can bring to donate to the raffle. 
I have to give something back for all I was blessed with last yearWink

Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>