Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2021! - Event Date: 19 Sep. 2021 - 24 Sep. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cj3bmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2021 at 11:14pm
Emailed form
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan. 2021 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Cmercier Cmercier wrote:

Thanks. I read it once but I guess I was excited to finally get the form. I totally forgot the number of Jeeps (50). I have a feeling he might up it just because of the number of people feeling out the forms. Lets hope so. 

Cmercier, I'm afraid your feeling about upping the limit is wishful but not on target.  A few years ago I had no limits on numbers.  We had a year with close to 70 Jeeps and over 130 people attended.  By mid week my fun-meter was pegged.  I wasn't enjoying the event anymore, it had become a job.  I wasn't able to spend time with my old friends, or do well making new ones, because of all the things I had to do as the host to keep things running smoothly.  70 Jeeps was just too many for my limited staff and the resources I have at Thirsty Dirt Ranch.  That's why I imposed a limit of 50 Jeeps since then.  I want to be able to enjoy the event too.  Last year I let that limit stretch because of covid, and all the plea's I got begging to keep the event going.  Many of those listed to come were needing to have some kind of Jeep event happen.  So I let a few more attend.  And again, my fun-meter was getting pegged.  It became a job again.  There is more trash to take care of.  There are more porta-potties to contract for.  More people need tools/parts/help.  The showers need cleaning regularly.  The raffle needs management.  Folks need electrical service.  People have questions.  I have neighbors to deal with; some who complain, some who want to join us.  I coordinate with the Forest Service and the County Sheriff on the routes we take.  I worry that folks from sea level won't get altitude sickness.  I talk with the Buena Vista Chamber of Commerce because they are hosting an ATV Fall Color Tour event during the same week, using the same trails, and staying in the same hotels as many of our folks.  And I love being able to help my Jeeping friends have a good time.  But I'd like to have a good time with them.  I'm not getting any younger, and some things are getting a little harder for me to do.  So that's a long winded way of saying why I've got a 50 Jeep limit, and why it's not going to change.  

As a new person to this event I wish you success in getting on the Primary list.  But if you make the Alternate list, keep faith that you may yet get invited.  Each year that I've managed registrations I've had Primary folks drop out for one reason or another.  I offer those slots to Alternate list folks.  I try hard to get 50 Jeeps to come.  But I also work hard to limit it to 50.  Best of luck to you, and I hope to meet you here this year. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2021 at 5:40pm
Mike,
My registration is in the snail mail.   Mike
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2021 at 1:26am
Mike,

I just emailed my registration to you.  Thanks in advance for hosting the FCT for 2021.

Regards,
Dave

m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2021 at 11:16am
It's Sunday after the first week of FCT-2021 registrations and I have been flooded with forms this week.  The new email-the-form option has been a big hit.  I've only received one snail mail copy so far.  And I've got to say "poor Dr. Hackney"!  Despite his many years of attendance at FCT, and his wonderful education, and the clearly labeled instructions on the bottom of the registration form, he continues again to misspell my name.  I'm thinking that senility is overtaking him in his advancing years.  So next time anyone sees Terry and Ginny, please give Ginny my condolences for living with such a senile old geezer. LOL

So now, in no particular order, I will list the last name of the principal registrant from each form I received this week.  Petrowich, Zailac, Clark, Collard, Mercier, Carlson, Hoffman, Linafelter, Pierini, Wilson, Van Deusen, Sasser, Seifert, Farenbaugh, Westerman, Boog, Marshall, Schroth, Bauer, Heater, Snow, McNeill, Robbins, Bullard, Hackney, Evans, DeGan, Howard, Luber.  That's a record number of forms for one week.  29 forms!  And 15 of them are from folks who have never been to FCT before.  

I would ask everyone filling out forms to make sure you are using dark ink, not pencil or light color ink, to fill out your forms.  I've received a couple of forms where it's been difficult to see the information written in because it was so light colored.  

We've got 2 groups of New Yorkers competing for farthest distance for this week.  Followed by two different groups from Maryland.  And many registrations from middle-America, on both sides of the Mississippi River from Michigan to Texas.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2021 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

It's Sunday after the first week of FCT-2021 registrations and I have been flooded with forms this week.  The new email-the-form option has been a big hit.  I've only received one snail mail copy so far.  And I've got to say "poor Dr. Hackney"!  Despite his many years of attendance at FCT, and his wonderful education, and the clearly labeled instructions on the bottom of the registration form, he continues again to misspell my name.  I'm thinking that senility is overtaking him in his advancing years.  So next time anyone sees Terry and Ginny, please give Ginny my condolences for living with such a senile old geezer. LOL

So now, in no particular order, I will list the last name of the principal registrant from each form I received this week.  Petrowich, Zailac, Clark, Collard, Mercier, Carlson, Hoffman, Linafelter, Pierini, Wilson, Van Deusen, Sasser, Seifert, Farenbaugh, Westerman, Boog, Marshall, Schroth, Bauer, Heater, Snow, McNeill, Robbins, Bullard, Hackney, Evans, DeGan, Howard, Luber.  That's a record number of forms for one week.  29 forms!  And 15 of them are from folks who have never been to FCT before.  

I would ask everyone filling out forms to make sure you are using dark ink, not pencil or light color ink, to fill out your forms.  I've received a couple of forms where it's been difficult to see the information written in because it was so light colored.  

We've got 2 groups of New Yorkers competing for farthest distance for this week.  Followed by two different groups from Maryland.  And many registrations from middle-America, on both sides of the Mississippi River from Michigan to Texas.  

Isn't Mike spelled Mike??LOL
Terry
BOULDER 48 2A
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2021 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by TERRY TERRY wrote:

Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Isn't Mike spelled Mike??LOL
Terry

Yes Terry it is.  But Picard isn't spelled Pickard, you lovable old geezer. WinkLOL
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2021 at 5:56pm
Mike, 
Is that French? Did not do well with foreign languages in school.CryOuch
BOULDER 48 2A
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2021 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by TERRY TERRY wrote:

Mike, 
Is that French? Did not do well with foreign languages in school.CryOuch

No Mike is not french, but Picard is.  Bien sûr, tous mes ancêtres sont venus de France en passant par la Nouvelle-Écosse (Eng. trans.: For sure, all my ancestors came from France by way of Nova Scotia.)
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
SlickWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2021 at 8:13pm
New video up on the Gone-Gpn YouTube channel 

"Everything you need to know about registering for the 2021 Colorado Flat Fender Club Fall Color Tour 

This year marks the 15th Annual Colorado Fall Color Tour. Rick Péwé chats with FCT organizer Mike Picard about the event and what the requirements are for registering. 

The event is limited to 50 flatties and pre-registration is required. Attendees will be chosen by random draw on May 1st."
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
RealDeal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2021 at 9:54am
I just e-mailed in my form.  Thanks again for everything you guys do to make this such a great event!

Dave
1949 CJ2A #219707
Cmercier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cmercier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2021 at 4:20pm
Great videos. I bet we have watched all of them at least 10 times. Those are the rides we want to be on. 

After many years of wheeling locally with our 78 Blazer. We decided to give up the Blazer and buy an old Wlliys. I have always wanted one. We purchased our Jeep 1 year ago. And I caught the bug. Found a whole new world and we are 100% into it now. We are looking for places to wheel all over the U.S. So when we found these videos for this ride. This ride is a must. I can only hope to be picked in the lottery. 

Hell I have even converted a cattle trailer into a Jeep hauler with living quarters. Lol I just need to find a truck to pull it all over the country. Lol
nivrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2021 at 5:19pm
EmailedSmile
Mike

RECON-WILLYS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RECON-WILLYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2021 at 6:11pm
just emailed  - Thank you for all that you do.
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2021 at 5:00am
Originally posted by RECON-WILLYS RECON-WILLYS wrote:

just emailed  - Thank you for all that you do.

You're welcome.  I enjoy sharing the experience with all of you. 

I plan to sleep in tomorrow so I'm going to publish my Sunday report this evening.  Here are the names from whom I've received registration forms.  Teel, Ladwig, Duarte, Wesely, Mortensen, Heimbigner, Hensler, Patik, Reeb, Weikert, Boldt, Brozek, Rice, Reihe, Ralls, Johnson, Logan, Howard, Scharping, Leland, Phillips, Bokelman, Evans, Hopkins, Frey, Simpich, Gonzalez, Johnson Jr., Brown, Payne, Croce, Bensinger, Tarvin, Shahar, Pineda, and Martin.  That's 36 more registrations in my folder.  Added to the 29 from last week and I'm up to 65 forms.  Within this week's list there are 19 new folks hoping to attend FCT this year.  I hope to see most of you here.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
VermontOverland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VermontOverland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2021 at 5:45pm
Love to see pics of the cattle trailer/hauler/camper. 
Peter Vollers
Cmercier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cmercier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2021 at 5:58pm
Are you a member of “The Jeep Shop” or “International flat fender club” on Facebook? I post weekly updates on my progress on the hauler. User name Butch Eastgate. 
VermontOverland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VermontOverland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2021 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by Cmercier Cmercier wrote:

Are you a member of “The Jeep Shop” or “International flat fender club” on Facebook? I post weekly updates on my progress on the hauler. User name Butch Eastgate. 

Thx, I'll check it out.  
Peter Vollers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 29>