Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2021! - Event Date: 19 Sep. 2021 - 24 Sep. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cj3bmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2021 at 9:01pm
Top of Mt Princeton 
Cj3bmutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cj3bmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2021 at 9:03pm
Cabin on Mt Princeton 

Edited by Cj3bmutt - 03 Oct. 2021 at 9:04pm
Cj3bmutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cj3bmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2021 at 9:08pm
54willysjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 54willysjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2021 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

Originally posted by 54willysjeep 54willysjeep wrote:

I created an album to share since I took over 250 pictures. 

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMIb2WRM-siFvjIxeqV7AgxPts88U-EtFFDD0Rs

Chris, thank you for creating your album for all to see, but your link is not working for me.  You might check it to see if there is a mistake in it somewhere. 

Mike

Mike here is another one hopefully it works. I have no idea why it wasn't working for you. 

Might have to copy and paste it. 
https://photos.app.goo.gl/xKqLXhAzcVLNG3Ks7

Edited by 54willysjeep - 03 Oct. 2021 at 9:38pm
54 Willys CJ3B (Rikki-Bobby's Jeep)
42 GPW14359 Cal "Shake n' Bake's Jeep" Dallas TX plant. Missing everything when I got it.
EJOWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJOWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2021 at 11:17pm
Nice Photos! Thanks for sharing!
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2021 at 3:24am

Chris, thank you for creating your album for all to see, but your link is not working for me.  You might check it to see if there is a mistake in it somewhere. 

Mike

Mike here is another one hopefully it works. I have no idea why it wasn't working for you. 

This second listing worked for me.  You have some great photos!  Thanks for sharing. 
Mike
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 54willysjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2021 at 12:12pm

Mike

This second listing worked for me.  You have some great photos!  Thanks for sharing. 
Mike

your welcome. I'm glad you like them.
42 GPW14359 Cal "Shake n' Bake's Jeep" Dallas TX plant. Missing everything when I got it.
Kevin Boog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Boog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2021 at 2:04am
https://youtu.be/SP7MASwrLSc

Mike here is a link to YouTube of a few of the photos of your Monday tour taking us up the back side too the Aspen Ridge overlook. One of these links should get you there.

Chris, great photos and the link embedded in the post got me there. Bessie misses her new big Buddy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Boog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2021 at 2:31am
https://youtu.be/eLftyLTyt-0

Tuesday with Mike And Nancy at the trail head. A quick shot of mother Natures power and the aftermath of an avalanche.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Boog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2021 at 5:52am

September 22, 2021 Group 1 pulling out of camp.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Boog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2021 at 4:02am
https://youtu.be/G9MikSdqcBU

Here are the Jeeps full of Volunteers Leaving the Thirsty Dirt Ranch for a C.O.R.E. project.

madbrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madbrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2021 at 3:43pm

This video is named "All about Rick" because for one he is a great guy from Texas that talked funny and we followed him all day so apart from the fantastic scenery, the butt end of his blue Willys is about all we saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQX_dSd6ZOw

Edited by madbrit - 07 Oct. 2021 at 11:30pm
45 MB
56 Willys Fruit Salad
64 Kaiser CJ3B

My Videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/madbritwillys56/videos
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2021 at 4:53pm
Darn Texican ... every time you want one, he's out wheelin'!!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct. 2021 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by madbrit madbrit wrote:

This video is named "All about Rick" because for one he is a great guy from Texas that talked funny......

Talked funny???   That’s rich coming from a yankee with a British accentLOL

Even tho you’ve been in this country for half a century and still aren’t up to speed with using the correct terms for things, I’d wheel anywhere, anytime with you and Brad.  Mainly cuz Brad needs the help with you.Big smile
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 54willysjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2021 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Kevin Boog Kevin Boog wrote:

https://youtu.be/SP7MASwrLSc

Mike here is a link to YouTube of a few of the photos of your Monday tour taking us up the back side too the Aspen Ridge overlook. One of these links should get you there.

Chris, great photos and the link embedded in the post got me there. Bessie misses her new big Buddy.

Your welcome Kevin. Rikki loved Bessie he definitely made a new girlfriend. 
madbrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madbrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct. 2021 at 11:28pm

The 2021 Flattfender Willys Jeep Colorado Fall Color Tour organized and hosted by two of the most gracious hosts I have ever known. I can but dream of being invited back again.

This video does not do justice to this amazing event as it only covers a few snippets of the trails we travelled. To confuse those that were there, they are  either in reverse order or in an incorrect order as I am totally worthless at making videos. 

The Colorado colors were amazing as were the trails but it was the participants that made this event so memorable. (This does include a reprobate Texan and John and Joan that were determined to borrow every rock and piece of scrap wood they encountered in the entire state of Colorado. )

45 MB
56 Willys Fruit Salad
64 Kaiser CJ3B

My Videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/madbritwillys56/videos
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2021 at 9:07am
Thanks guys for all these videos!  They are fun to watch over and over again.  They give me a different perspective on the trail rides.  All I see is empty trail ahead of me.  Through your eyes and lens I get to see other Jeeps in front of me as I watch your videos.  Thanks!  

I thought I'd publish the statistics we figured out for this year's numbers.  We had a total of 56 Jeeps attend.  48 of those were through the registration process and 8 were staff, special guest, or for sale Jeeps.  All of those Jeeps brought 117 people, staff and guests, with them to enjoy the week.  We had 19 different states represented this year.  We had 6 Jeeps with V6 or V8 engines.  Everyone else had 4 cylinder engines.  I didn't get a good count on how many folks were camped at TDR but it looked like the field behind the shop was pretty full.  I would have had to mow a lot more pasture if everyone decided to camp, so I'm glad that some decided to rent a room instead.  We had 17 Primary Jeeps drop out between May 5 and September 15.  In an effort to keep our number of guest Jeeps up to 50 I contacted 29 Alternates.  15 of the Alternates filled primary slots.  I had 2 Primaries drop during the last week before FCT, and I didn't try to fill those slots.  I had enough other things happening to keep me busy.  

During the week there were lots of repair jobs going on to keep vehicles going so they could continue to stay out on the trails.  We rebuilt one transfer case that had some busted gears.  We replaced one valve in an L134 engine.  We built a mounting bracket for another transfer case.  We replaced the universal joints on one of the tow vehicles.  We repaired or replaced brake parts in 4 Jeeps.  We replaced one C-shackle holding a spring.  We replaced 3 carbs and 5 fuel pumps.  Two distributors were replaced.  3 coils were replaced.  And those were just the repairs that I was aware of.  I'm sure there were others as well.  

So there you have it, this year's numbers all laid out for you.  Thank you each and all, for making this a very successful year.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
Jolly Rodger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolly Rodger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct. 2021 at 11:34am
Big thanks to Mike and Nancy for hosting this awesome event ... Thanks also to everyone else involved in guiding and preparing for the FCT 2021. We had a great  time, and we're blessed with perfect weather every day.

PS : One stat not mentioned was a marriage proposal on top of "Iron Chest", best wishes for future bride and groom. Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 29>