Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2021! - Event Date: 19 Sep. 2021 - 24 Sep. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2021 at 1:01pm

It’s Sunday, January 24, 2021, and here are the names of folks who registered for Fall Color Tours for last week. In no particular order they are: Ongaro, Marshall, Reichow, New, Reichert, Vollers, Johnson, Rodgers-J, Rodgers-W, Donaldson, Brendel, Evans, Woolley.  5 of these are new folks.  That’s 13 more forms, added to the 65 I have brings me up to 78 registrations. 

This week West Virginia wins the nod for farthest away registration.  And we have 4 coming from the great state of Missouri.  We also had one person use last years registration form.  Please use this year’s form.  Here is the link again.

CFFC_FCT_2021_Registration.pdf

I can see that the new email option for sending in registration forms is popular.  Over ¾ of the forms I’ve received have been emailed.  Now if I could only figure out how to automatically copy the data from the forms into my spreadsheet.  I guess I need a secretary. 

Here’s a photo from years gone by for your viewing pleasure:

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2021 at 3:20pm
Is that a record number for this early?
Stevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2021 at 4:21pm
Just filled mine out in the mail.
Steve
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2021 at 9:24am
Originally posted by mickeykelley mickeykelley wrote:

Is that a record number for this early?

Not only is this year a record number for this early, I think it may be a record for the overall total registrations period!  And it's a record number of new folks who have never been to a Fall Color Tour.  I wish there was a way to have everyone attend each year.  If they did, it wouldn't be fun for me anymore. So we limit to 50 and still have a good time.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2021 at 1:17pm
Mike,
That's what you and your crew get for putting on such a great event. Everyone wants to attend!   Mike
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2021 at 3:09pm
X2!!   Mike 
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
sconsalv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sconsalv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2021 at 8:57pm
Registration emailed ! Looks like a fun time . 
1948 CJ2A , Picket Gray
1946 Cj2a , Project Granny LoW
L134, NP435, TerraLow Gears, Floater 44 , Saginaw Steering Conversion, 113:1 Crawl
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2021 at 6:05pm
If only you could franchise it! 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Mud Hen"
The less the Power the More the Force
oldwillysforum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwillysforum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2021 at 6:07am
Mike,
Sent my registration form via email on the 12th, but didn't see my name in the lists above...
Wondering if it went into a spam filter...
Pete Anderson
admin@oldwillysforum.com

Thanks,
Pete
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2021 at 1:56pm
Pete,
I've checked all my email categories, spam, trash, etc., and can't find any email from you.  Please check the spelling on the address and send it again.  Thanks. 

For everyone emailing their registration to me, please put FCT in the body of the email.  I have a filter that looks for that and marks the email as important.  That helps me find it easier in the dozens of emails that I get each day.  Big smile  Thanks!
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
oldwillysforum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldwillysforum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2021 at 7:16pm
Mike,
Sent the registration again, looks like I typo'd your email the first time.
Cheers,
Pete
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2021 at 8:07am
Pete, you're not the only one who's done that this month.  But I have yours now so you're in the lottery.  Good luck!  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb. 2021 at 2:47am
Here's my Sunday report.  A bit later than usual, but still on Sunday anyway.  Here are the registration names that I received between last Sunday and yesterday.  In no particular order is: Avery, Collins, Gibson, Martinez, Lee, Consalvo, Dusharm, Mobley, Jones, Anderson, and Kjome.  And the winner for the longest distance away for this week is the one from NY, with GA coming in second place.  I received a total of 11 new forms, with 6 of those coming from folks who are new to FCT.  That makes the current total come to 89 registrations. 

And for an enjoyable view today, I give you one of the rest stops on the Two-Marble-Mines-Route.  On the way back from Boss Lake.  

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2021 at 8:15am
It's Superbowl Sunday, Feb 7th, and I wanted to get this report in early so I wouldn't miss the big game.  The 2.1 registrations I received this past week are from Campbell-D, and Vogelzang.  The 0.1 registration form was missing a critical item, a signature, so I assume it was a test run to check the registration delivery system.  So a note to all future registrations, please be sure there is an actual signature on the form.  Without it, it's just a test run.  

With the two complete registration forms, we have a 50-50 split between new and previous FCT participants.  And for those who may need it, here's another link to the registration form: 

Now for your viewing pleasure, and for some a trip down memory lane, we have this in-the-shop photo of some of the guys committing surgery on a defective Jeep to make it good again.  They were successful too!!  I think we've replaced or rebuilt at least one transmission each year for the past 7 or 8 years.  It just happens.  Fortunately we've got a few tools that make the process a little bit easier than it used to be.  

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
C.payne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.payne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2021 at 4:31pm
Is that Matilda on the lift? I believe that also illistratrs with the right group of friends and family even those who's mechanical skills end at putting fuel in the jeep can keep their vehicle going all week. 
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2021 at 4:55pm
Hah!  Being female I am allowed more leeway than most - and I take full advantage with no apologies!

I travel with the best group of friends, willing to help me and to laugh at me.  Fair enough.  I guess I better find some way to help them out.  .... I provide lots of opportunities for practice and keeping their mechanical skills sharp!

Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
C.payne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.payne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2021 at 5:38pm
Give a (wo)man a fish... I am sure you were just outside the frame of the camera, studiously taking notes and learning from the top notch team performing surgery on Matilda. Maybe a fisheye lens would have captured you in the shot??? 
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2021 at 6:32pm
I was there watching, but learning comes hard at my age.  I'm not sure you'll make it this long .....

Son, I choose to spend your inheritance buying dinner for those who fix my jeep.  You might be surprised by what your old mum has done to/with her jeep. Lol!

Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 29>