Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2021! - Event Date: 19 Sep. 2021 - 24 Sep. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2021 at 3:01am
Ummmm? Dug a trench from East Glenwood Springs to the West side, A trench through the  old part of town, wooden water lines?
john
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2021 at 1:37pm
"Ditch duty in conjunction with FCT would not be a tough job.  Beer would make it even better!" said Tamnalan.  

And like I said before, it's the work of convict labor to dig at Thirsty Dirt Ranch. So here's a photo of what my "dirt" looks like when it's dug up.  This is the stuff you need to work through to put in a tree, or a water line, or a fence post.  So Alan, if you wanna dig while you're here, I'll feed you beer my friend.  

And speaking of digging ditches, I didn't get any ditches dug this past several days because mother nature decreed I needed a short break.  This is the landscape she painted with snow for our viewing pleasure.  I though I should share it with you all.  

Now on to our Sunday morning business for today.  I only received one registration this past week, and none the week before.  That was for a "walk-in", someone who is coming without a Jeep.  A dear friend who will be hitching rides with anyone who has a spare seat.  Yes, even walk-ins need registrations for the waiver, and the emergency contact information.  The name is Coldwell.  So our count goes to 113, but only the ones with Jeeps will go into the lottery.  It's the Jeeps I'm limiting, not the people.  So on the 1st of May I've been asked by a few folks to publish the list of names for who made the top 50 and who didn't, and what their lottery number was.  I will do that unless someone presents a good reason why I should not.  Or if they don't want me to publish their name, please contact me with a Private message or email so I have a reminder for who I should remove from the list.  I don't plan to publish every one from each registration, just the name of the person in the top slot.  So if "David" is in the top slot, his name will get published.  If Jimmy, Johnny, Joanny, Janet, and Josephine are also on the registration, their names will not get published, but they will be able to come if "David" gets selected.  I used David because we must have over 50 Davids in the list of registrations. 

This week and next week are it for receiving registrations to get into this year's FCT.  Any registration received after April 30th will be added to the back end of the alternate list.  That will be a long list.  This year is the first time in the 5 years we've done registrations that the number of alternates will exceed the number of primaries.  My plan is to contact alternates in their order to replace any primaries who drop out.  I've already had one person/Jeep drop out for family reasons.  I expect more to do so.  In 13 days we'll know who's coming and who's not.  Good luck to each of you and may the numbers favor you. 

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2021 at 11:12pm
Mike, That reminds me of digging fence post holes in Wyoming when I was younger. We wore out a few shovels and "PHD's". I'll agree it is a lot of work. If you think you will need some help, let me know and I will try to get over there. Good luck,   Mike 
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2021 at 1:23am
Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

but they will be able to come if "David" gets selected.  I used David because we must have over 50 Davids in the list of registrations. 

Sooo, if poor David doesn't get selected that opens up, like, 50 spots right??Clap
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2021 at 7:12am
Originally posted by muley muley wrote:

Originally posted by m38mike m38mike wrote:

but they will be able to come if "David" gets selected.  I used David because we must have over 50 Davids in the list of registrations. 

Sooo, if poor David doesn't get selected that opens up, like, 50 spots right??Clap

Not quite.  Only about 32.  The other "David"s are all passengers, not drivers.  Passengers don't count in the lottery, just the drivers.  But still, that's a lot of "David"s for one year.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2021 at 1:40pm
It's time for the last pre-lottery Sunday report. I received one registration this past week.  It's from Stiffler.  That brings us to 114 registrations. Of those, 105 will be in the lottery.  There are 9 folks who plan to come without Jeeps.  Some are coming with other folks if those folks get chosen in the lottery.  Some are coming anyway and will catch rides with who ever they can.  Next Saturday, May 1, I'll report on the results of the lottery.  

But in the mean time, I've got some construction to get working on.  Like I've said before, I'm building a half-bathroom in the shop.  It'll have a sink, a bucket faucet, a urinal, and a toilet.  The septic tanks are installed and done except to finish burying them.  This week I worked on the water line and a data cable line from the house to the shop.  I pulled a cat6 data cable from the house through a conduit to the shop so I can put a router in the shop.  That will provide good internet access in the shop, and nearby.  That router will be connected to the satellite system router we have in the house.  The water line isn't very deep because it's only going to be a 3 season service.  I'll shut it off in the house from November to April.  I've got an underground drain on the line next to the house.  To test it I poured a quart of water into the line in the shop.  I opened the drain valve and watched as most of the quart ran out.  So I guess I got the slope of the line right.  

M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2021 at 4:11pm
Gee Mike, I thought you'd dig a 6' deep freeze proof trenchDead, looks good, glad it was your back digging itClap.

BOULDER 48 2A
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2021 at 12:49am
Wow! You have been busy and I’ll bet you had a heck of a time digging the trench. Going to be nice once your done and much appreciated. 

49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
gnkhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2021 at 2:43pm
The closer we get to Saturday, the louder the drum roll becomes!
gnkhoffman
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2021 at 11:51am
The anticipation is killing me!
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 3:55am
I couldn't sleep tonight knowing that I had all the names and just had to run the random number generator to find out who is coming and who isn't.  First though, I did get 2 more registrations in this week. They were from Pierce and Day.  So I added them to the list and ran the numbers.

This is the list of folks who sent in registrations with Jeeps for the 2021 Fall Color Tours.  These are the primary people on each registration.  This does not include folks who are attending without a Jeep.  This list does not include any passengers who would accompany the drivers in the list.  These drivers represent their Jeep.  They are the person in the first line of the registration forms.   As I’ve written before, my intent is to have 50 Jeeps in attendance.  It’s not to limit the number of people, it’s to limit the number of Jeeps.  Because it’s the number of Jeeps on the highway, and on the trail, behind each guide that causes issues for the guides.  Not the number of people in each Jeep.  The total number of people can be an issue for resources at Thirsty Dirt Ranch. By limiting the number of Jeeps, we keep the number of people within the capacity of the ranch to support them all.

I was asked by a few folks to share where they came out in the listing for random numbers.  So here, in numerical order, is the listing of #1 line drivers who registered.  The random number function I use in Excel will often generate duplicate and triplicate numbers.  That’s because each calculation in each line is truly random.  That’s why you will see many duplicate numbers, and you may notice that there are many numbers missing in the RandNum column.  I have no control over what numbers get chosen other than to set the top and bottom limits for the range of numbers to be considered.  I set the limits for the random number equation at 1 and 115. I put each name in alphabetical order in one column. In the next column I put a random number equation.  I ran the equations to generate the random numbers. I copied the value from the random number equations into a third column to freeze the numbers from the equations.  I sorted the names based on the values copied into the third, RandNum, column.  I assigned place numbers to each name.  I separated the lists between places 50 and 51. The results are what you see below. 

Place Primary List RandNum

1 Brozek, Jeffrey 2

2 Clark, Traci 2

3 Dennis, Ronald 3

4 Donaldson, Tyler 6

5 Pierce, Bill 6

6 Gibson, Rick 6

7 Girmus, Brandon 7

8 Johnson, Alan 9

9 Lee, Stan 9

10 Luber, David 10

11 Payne, Caleb 12

12 Robbins, Jim 12

13 Walker, Jerry 15

14 Wilson, David 15

15 Hoffman, Gary 16

16 Ladwig, Lew 16

17 Rice, Michael 18

18 Rodgers, John 18

19 Vollers, Pete 20

20 Vogelzang, Steve 20

21 Gonzalez, David 20

22 Evans, Richard 21

23 Phillips, David 22

24 Patik, Steve 23

25 Ralls, Tom 24

26 Schiefer, John 24

27 Kjome, Finn 24

28 Komlenic, Rodney 25

29 Howard, DJ 27

30 Carlson, Kris 27

31 Boog, Kevin 27

32 DeYoung, Joe 28

33 Avery, Randi 30

34 Martin, Nicolas 32

35 Campbell, Cheryl 33

36 Rodgers, Wade 34

37 Bensinger, Daryl 35

38 Frey, Richard 36

39 Frantz, Richard 39

40 Scharping, Jeff 39

41 Evans, Brian 40

42 Mattes, Brian 41

43 Logan, Dave 41

44 Schroth, Walter 42

45 Hendry, Joshua 43

46 Bokelman, Steven 44

47 Pineda, Ernie 44

48 Jones, Tom 44

49 Johnson, Jim Jr. 45

50 Campbell, Dale 46

Alternates

51 Mattes, Clyde 48

52 Ongaro, Ernest 49

53 Pierce, William 49

54 Johnson, Kevin 50

55 McNeill, Graham 50

56 Seifert, Chris 50

57 Martin, Tanner 51

58 Marshall, Bruce 51

59 Woolley, Chris 52

60 Bullard, Michael 53

61 Hopkins, David 57

62 Marshall, Dean 58

63 Mercier, Charles 61

64 Sasser, Craig-Ellis 62

65 Pierini, Dee 63

66 Croge, Michael 64

67 Mobley, Chris 65

68 Hensler, Seth 66

69 Jones, Edward 69

70 Reeb, David 72

71 Day, Casey 72

72 Mortensen, Ian 74

73 Brendel, Jeff 74

74 Collins, Brian 75

75 Heater, J.W. 75

76 New, Terry 75

77 Van Deusen, Jay 76

78 Tarvin, Mike 76

79 Hackney, Terry 79

80 Reichert, Steven 79

81 Heimbigner, Mike 79

82 Teel, James 80

83 Price, James 83

84 Andersen, Peter 83

85 Reihe, Brian 84

86 Leland, Todd 84

87 Reichow, Chad 86

88 Westerman, Bob 88

89 Dusharm, Paul 90

90 Linafelter, Bruce 92

91 Pesek, Andrew 92

92 DeGan, David 98

93 Wesely, David 98

94 Boldt, Bill 98

95 Reed, Christopher 100

96 Martinez, Tony 101

97 Consalvo, Sal 101

98 Farenbaugh, Matt 101

99 Simpich, Ragan 101

100 Collard, Chris 102

101 Brown, Dwight 105

102 Duarte, Daniel 105

103 Bauer, Karl 107

104 Jenkins, Joe 107

105 Snow, Stuart 109

106 Weikert, Jake 109

For those on the Alternate list, there will be some folks who made the primary list who will withdraw for one reason or another.  My plan is to go down the alternate list, in order, to fill that vacated primary spot.   In years past I’ve gone through up to 12 alternates trying to fill positions.  The farther down the list you are, the less likely you will be selected to fill an empty primary slot.  Better luck next year.

My congratulations to the folks on the Primary List.  My condolences to the folks on the Alternate list. 

For next year I'm going to be able to provide bonuses to new folks, and to folks who have tried to get in, but have not succeeded. I'll talk more about this later.  But for now, if you have any questions feel free to ask them here on the thread, or send me a PM and I'll get you an answer as quick as I can. 

Edited by m38mike - 03 May 2021 at 8:02pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 3:50pm
Mike, Just out of curiosity, Do you recall about how many new jeeps we will have this year? Will you need additional help on training day?  Mike
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 5:08pm
Have any of the chosen dropped out yet? LOL
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 3:33am
mriceflinter, not sure how many are new.  I'll have to review the files for those on the primary list. 

47heater, no, no one has dropped out since I ran the numbers.  I did have two drop out before I ran the numbers.  But that doesn't count.  I'm not sure where they would have ended up.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
64CJ5 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 8:38pm
Mike thanks for posting the list.  Hope to see you in June.
64CJ5 "Eeyore"
01TJ "Tigger"
52 M38 Severely demilitarized, "Popeye" The Coast Guard Jeep.
14 JK "Jake"
To Trust Government Defys Both History and Reason.

PUBLIC LAND Owner/User
Rodkom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodkom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 1:24pm
Mike, It was very exciting to make the list. Very much looking forward to meeting you and the others participating in his year’s event. Will you send out a list of stuff you recommend we should have to minimize issues for the rides? See you in September! 
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2021 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Rodkom Rodkom wrote:

Mike, It was very exciting to make the list. Very much looking forward to meeting you and the others participating in his year’s event. Will you send out a list of stuff you recommend we should have to minimize issues for the rides? See you in September! 

Yes, we will publish some lists of things to bring, things to have, things to do, things to wear, things to prepare, and things to consider.  None of it is mandatory, just recommended.  But these recommendations can make your adventure with us more enjoyable.  We will host discussions on all these points because sometimes our guests can come up with better ideas than we have.  With all of this advice, if you have experience with multiple, single-day trips, and know what works for you and your Jeep, then by all means stick with what works for you.  Maybe share some insights with us.  We can always learn a new trick or two.  And we enjoy the exchange of ideas. 

First though I'd like to give everyone a week or two to let the list settle in on their minds.  I've had one gentleman tell me his name was left off the list when the list was first published, then he said I added his name to the alternate list.  I assured him his name was on the list the whole time, but he and his wife swear their name was added only after they brought it to my attention.  The list has not changed or been altered at all after I ran the random number generator last week.  Everyone who plans to bring a Jeep is on the list.  So the list will stand as published.  I regret that I do not have enough folks helping me put this event on to comfortably handle more than 50 Jeeps at the ranch, or on the trail.  And I don't want to make a business out of it.  I want to continue this as a group of friends gathering to enjoy some trails, some Jeeps, and some comradery.
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 2:11am
Mike, Thanks for everything your family and friends do to make this event possible.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 29>