Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2022 - Event Date: 18 Sep. 2022 - 23 Sep. 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: CFFC Fall Color Tours 2022
    Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 1:13pm

Can you jump your Jeep for joy??  We did, just anticipating all the fun we’ll have in September 2022!!

Join us for the 2022 Colorado Flat Fender Club’s (CFFC) annual Fall Color Tours (FCT).  This year it will be from Sunday, September 18 thru Friday, September 23. 

We’ll have camping at the Thirsty Dirt Ranch (TDR) again, and some wonderful trail rides in the mountains of central Colorado.  Our guides are looking forward to taking 50 Jeeps and all their passengers over rugged trails to scenic vistas, through tall forests of aspen and pine, up and over the continental divide, and across mountain meadows on the way to new adventures.  We’ll show you historical sites, and mountain lakes, old mining claims, and recently managed forests.  And miles and miles of great Jeeping trails up the valleys and over the mountains of the Sawatch Range, the Collegiate Peaks, Aspen Ridge, and Taylor basin.

Get your Jeep into this lineup by sending in your registration form before April 30th.  Mike and Nancy would love to see you here in 2022.  Here is where you can pick up the registration form: 

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/uploads/1479/cffc_fct_2022_Registration.pdf

We will again be limiting participation to 50 Jeeps, and all the passengers they can carry.  On May 1st we will hold a lottery for all of the registration forms we’ve received, and select the top 50 Jeeps registered as our Primary list of attendees.  All the rest will go on our Alternate list.  We are limiting participation again to flat fender Willys Jeeps.  That means MB, GPW, CJ2A, CJ3A, M38, and CJ3B’s are invited.  Modified Jeeps based on these six models are also invited.  

So download your registration form, fill it in completely, and send it in thru email or snail mail to the address on the bottom of the form, and get ready to have a grand time in the Colorado Rockies!

Edited by m38mike - 03 Jan. 2022 at 1:17pm
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 4:46pm
Incoming! via snail mail...

Ol' Red wants one more chance to visit central Colorado!

Edited by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A - 03 Jan. 2022 at 4:48pm
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

SlickWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 6:28pm
Registration emailed!!!
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 7:02pm
Mike,

Registration emailed.

Thanks,
Dave
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2022 at 9:06am
You guys are making me work at this so soon!  I've already got about a dozen registrations and the notice for the event hasn't even been up for one day.  Oh well, the weather's nasty this morning so I'll stay inside and start my spreadsheet for this year.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Kevin Boog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Boog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2022 at 12:30pm
Hopefully you received my registration form emailed to your Gmail.  I wanted to thank you for a great experience in 2021, I hope you have a great 2022 adventure!  May the randomizer gods be in favor for another year of bringing some great people together in the flat fender capitol that is your Thirsty Dirt Ranch for that magical week in September of 2022.

I look forward to following this post for future developments and hopefully seeing my name on the honor roll to attend. 

Edited by Kevin Boog - 04 Jan. 2022 at 12:36pm
RECON-WILLYS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RECON-WILLYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2022 at 7:04pm
ROLLED EM - (registration emailed)  - COME ON SNAKE EYES !!!

Edited by RECON-WILLYS - 04 Jan. 2022 at 7:05pm
madbrit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madbrit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2022 at 7:40pm
Thank you Mike for hosting this amazing event again. Hopefully the Kaiser will be finally finished and I will be selected again to enjoy the wonders of the Thirsty Dirt Ranch.
45 MB
56 Willys Fruit Salad
64 Kaiser CJ3B

My Videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/madbritwillys56/videos
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2022 at 8:00pm
Mike, The pony express wouldn't take my application so it is going on snail mail. I am hoping the drawing will favor us with yet another great week. We all appreciate your work on a great adventure. Thanks, Mike 
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2022 at 3:59pm
Snail mail on the way. Had a stack of million dollar bills somewhere around the house, couldn't find any of them. Probably wouldn't have helped anyway.

Kasper31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kasper31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2022 at 6:32pm
       Looking to become a member of this fine group of Colorado trail runners formed by the 
the fine fellow from Nathrop, Co. Sure hope the random program on his computer can see fit to pick me.
My application is on the way.
Kasper31
Kasper31
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan. 2022 at 7:58am
Good Sunday morning.  Time for the weekly registration report.  I've received 21 registration forms this week.  That's almost half way toward filling up the FCT roster.  It's also the largest number of registrations I've ever received in one week's time.  Most came in by email but some arrived by snail mail.  Here in alphabetical order are the last names from the forms that I have.  Biggar, Boog, Brendel, Clark, Curtis, DeYoung, Eaton, Farenbaugh, Fuller, Hackney, Johnson-T (OR), Johnson-J (CA), Jones, Larson, Luber, McNeill, Mikkelson, Pineda, Price, Rice, Robbins.  

For those who are new to this process, I'll collect registration forms each week and announce who I received them from.  That should confirm for each of you that I have your form.  I will do this until April 30.  Then on May 1st I'll make sure I have every first person from each registration on the list in my spreadsheet and I'll run a random number generator to assign a random number to each name.  I'll sort all the names based on the number assigned.  Then the first 50 names will be the primary list for folks to attend the FCT.    The rest of the names will be the alternates who I will contact if a primary person drops out.  In 2021 I contacted 30 alternates trying to fill 18 primary positions that opened up.  I am using the first name on each form to represent all the names on that form, and the Jeep that they will bring.  

Any registration forms that I get after April will be added to the back of the alternate list.  After lots of thought and some discussion last year about trying to add preference or bias to some forms in the lottery, I came to the conclusion that doing that would be unfair, and would add way too much work to me in managing it.  So it's going to remain as it has been, simple, straight forward, and open for everyone to see where they stand.  Each name gets one number assigned in the lottery, and that number determines their place in the Primary or alternate lists.  

If you have any questions about this, or any other details for the Fall Color Tours, please post them up on this discussion thread so I can answer them, and other folks can see the Q & A.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2022 at 9:25am
Good Sunday morning.  It's time for the FCT registration report.  This week I received 25 registrations, and new one-week record.  In alphabetical order they were from: Bauer, Brawley, Brozeck, Bullied, Campbell, Collins, DeGan, Eaton, Franks, Frantz, Frey, Hawkridge, Herrera, Hopkins, Huffaker, Johnson, Komlenic, Ladwig, Martinez, Murch, Ongaro-E, Ongaro-P, Reeb, Reichert, Vega.  From this group, only 6 are newbies to FCT. The other 19 have all been here before.  Combined with last week's 21 forms, I now have 46 registrations.  Good luck to each of you.  I hope the lottery selects you to join us. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
SlickWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2022 at 10:50am
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the great organizer and host of the Colorado Flat Fender Fall Color Tour 
Mr. Mike Picard!!!!
May your day be as awesome as you are!

Traci
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2022 at 11:42am
Happy birthday, Mike...
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Kevin Boog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Boog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2022 at 12:04pm
Have a great birthday Mike!
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2022 at 8:16am
Good Sunday Morning.  It's time for the weekly registration report.  But first I'd like to say thank you to everyone who wished me a Happy Birthday.  Nancy and I enjoyed a great day skiing at Ski Cooper.  And we had an excellent steak dinner at Quincy's in Leadville on our way home.  Now back to the registrations.  I received 15 forms this week.  They were from: Bokelman, Collard, Giebel, Heitman, Herman, Howard, Jenkins, Kjome, Mercier, Nesselhauf, Patik, Petrowich, Roberts, Smith, and Teel II.  9 of the 15 are from folks who have not been here before.  I'm now up to 61 total registration forms.  

I did receive one registration that was on last years form.  I sent that individual a note saying it's the wrong form and I am hoping he will fill in this years form and send that in.  He has the link to the new form so it should be easy to find and fill out.  After all, does your grocery store accept last years coupons for this years specials?  Me neither.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2022 at 11:16am
Good Sunday morning.  Here is this week's registration report.  I received 6 registrations this past week.  They were from; Campbell, Heater, Hoffman, Logan, Moreland, and Rodgers.  That makes 67 total registrations so far.   Only two of these were from new folks.  Well, that's it.  Short report today. Thank you. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>