Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2022 - Event Date: 18 Sep. 2022 - 23 Sep. 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 29>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2022 at 7:41am
Mike, those are good suggestions, but there will be no "going for" a garden hose.  It will be there at fire side, with an appropriate nozzle, and already turned on at the faucet.  Any extra length of hose will be coiled up near the fire pit, not on a hose hanger by the house.  In fact I have a wildland firefighting hose and nozzle that I will bring out and set up nearby.  I will also have a shovel handy to turn the coals, or pick up any coals that pop out of the fire ring.  I even have a heavy steel ring we can use as a fire ring.  And I have a ton of old wood I'd like to get rid of, that we could burn up in a fire.  Making sure it's dead out each evening as folks head for bed is one thing I'm personally going to check.  I have no interest in being responsible for a wildfire in my neighborhood.  But I like the idea of having a bonfire. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug. 2022 at 8:59am
Of corse! I wasn't thinking. I should have figured that you would have all that covered with your experience with the forest service. When I think of a camp fire I revert back to the rendezvous where we have to be as period correct as possible(pre 1840). we never have pressurized water. so we make the best of what we have. You ought to see when we have a fire ban. In the evening a rendezvous doesn't look right without campfires and we have to cook with propane. Mike                                                 
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2022 at 6:27am
I've had two more Primaries drop out, so today I'll be looking for two more Alternates to fill those positions.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
Katiedid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katiedid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2022 at 12:33pm
Mike, will you be posting an update to the Alternates List?  Interested parties may want to know who they have to take out to make it to the top.  Just asking for a friend ....Smile
Katiedid
48 CJ2A Waltzing Matilda
bokesjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokesjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2022 at 9:50pm
How many primaries have dropped out? That will give us wannabes an idea where we are on the list
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2022 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Katiedid Katiedid wrote:

Mike, will you be posting an update to the Alternates List?  Interested parties may want to know who they have to take out to make it to the top.  Just asking for a friend ....Smile

Be careful, some sleep with guns 💪😂

Lee😉
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2022 at 7:17am
Okay, okay, the next 5 Alternates are, in order; Kjome, Bokelman, Gardner, Reeb, and Evans.  I hope we don't get too many more Primaries dropping out, but it happens.  I hope that these next 5 folks will watch their calls for a message, and watch their texts as well.  

When I reach out to an Alternate I always call the number on the registration form, and if I don't get through I leave a message to return my call.  Then I will text the same number to let them know I called.  I will try calling again for 72 hours from the first call.  If I can't get through to them in 72 hours I move on to the next Alternate.  I just caught up with one Alternate at over 24 hours just coming off a Jeep ride in a very remote area, only to learn that he's not going to bring his Jeep to FCT, but that he will come  as a co-driver in another Jeep.  So I moved on to the next Alternate.  

Some of the tragic reasons this year for Primaries to drop out include a miscarriage and a leg amputation.  I will not share the names but please keep those people in your prayers to help with their recovery.  Sometimes I'm amazed at the drama that plays out in life on the way to a good Jeep ride.
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
SlickWilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlickWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug. 2022 at 4:58pm
HEY!!!!!

Did you know that we are just 40 days, yes DAYS away from the start of the 2022 Fall Color Tour?

Have you checked all the stuff off your maintenance list?
Have you done your shakedown run?
Do you have your extra parts gathered and ready to load?

Get busy folks, it will be September before we know it!
Traci and TaterJeep
Owner of Gone-Gpn Media
Freelance
Writer/Photographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2022 at 8:23am
Talking about getting your jeep ready, here is a question that was discussed here a few years back and I believe it varies somewhat depending on the year . How many grease zerks are there on a stock flat fender jeep? Anyone venture to guess. Mike 
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2022 at 9:22am
Interesting. That exact topic was one of the earliest articles I wrote back on the CJ3B Bulletkn Board. Was posted way back around 2005 back when forum posting was anonymous. I can’t seem to locate that post anymore as the forum changed forum hosting sites twice after that time. Was titled “XX zerks “ 
Seemed important at the time and still is. I’ll let others guess. 
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2022 at 10:00am
Do the wartime jeep guys count the spare zerks in the glovebox?  :)

In a sign of the times, I think I found only one on my WJ.
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2022 at 10:32am
I thought I would check Traci’s math for how many days we have until the FCT. Sure enough I came up with the same calculations after I subtracted 2 to get todays results. 38 days! There it is right in front of me!

Edited by tumbleweed - 11 Aug. 2022 at 10:36am
49 CJ3A - Smokey
53 Willys Wagon - Wylie
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2022 at 5:17pm
Grease Zerks I would hazard a guess at 11

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2022 at 7:42pm
fltfndr,  Yours is the first guess so far and you are a bit low. Also , no to Tamnalan, grease zerks in the glove box don't count. There are plenty without all the spares we carry.  Mike 
flatfender47 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatfender47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2022 at 7:45pm
1947 CJ2A 225V6 SM420 D30 PLok/D44 D/Locker Warn OD 5:38s
43 Flat-Fender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 43 Flat-Fender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2022 at 8:02pm
Me thinks ... 26 zerks? 

FOLLOW-UP info:  This is for my GPW with the standard "Full Floating Dana 23 Rear Axle" and no "Torque Reaction Spring Assembly". (So, less one Zerk; would have been 27)

Edited by 43 Flat-Fender - 14 Aug. 2022 at 3:47pm
Rob
GPW 94445 (DOD 01-25-43) Built in Louisville KY
Engine: MB341746
"Faithful Steed" since 1967

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2022 at 8:45pm
You are getting closer.The number I have is for my cj2a so others may be different. If I remember correctly, Mike P. our host was the first to get the right number when this subject was posted a few years ago!  Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2022 at 12:48pm
I just did some checking and it looks like the cj3a has the same number. Also one zerk that is easily missed is on the transfer case pivot for the shift leavers. just a clue. Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 29>