Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CFFC Fall Color Tours 2023 - Event Date: 17 Sep. 2023 - 23 Sep. 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2023 at 5:34am
Good Monday morning.  There were no new registrations to report from last week.  In fact we slid backwards by one.  We had our first cancellation.  So we're now at 72.  We've got exactly 3 weeks left until the lottery.  With 72 registrations, I predict almost everyone will get a chance to come to FCT this year.  Here's why.  I'll take 50 right off the top.  I'll offer 5 jobs to the remaining 22 on the Alternate list.  That will leave 17 Alternates.  We always lose at least 10 Primary folks, and sometimes as many as 18. I've had to ask as many as thirty Alternates to fill 18 Primary slots.  That means that every Alternate stands a good chance of being asked to go.  

For those who procrastinated about getting the form filled out, here is the link for the form.

For those of you who would like a copy of the FCT Guidebook, here is the link.

The guidebook should answer most of your questions about FCT.  That's where I went to build it, questions from past FCT's.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
52 M38 Blue Mule, 51 M100 Blue Mule Tale
52 XM38EV1 Electro-Willys, 52 M100 Juice Box
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2023 at 7:26am
Good Sunday morning.  This past week saw one Jeep drop out of the registration list and two more get added, so we're back to 73 Jeeps.  The two that were added are Jones and Herrera.  Not much to report here except that we're only two weeks away from the lottery, and with warmer weather in the forecast, I'll be spending more time in the shop working on my shelving shortage.  I've got to make room to get all my spare parts out of shipping boxes so I can see what I've got. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2023 at 5:44am
Good Sunday morning to each and all of you.  As the snow flies this chilly morning, I've got a fire going in the wood stove to keep the house warm.  We've got one week left before the lottery, and as I expected, we received 7 new registrations.  They were from Dewberry, Heyniger, Gernert, Phillipps, Nelson-R, and Nelson-M.  I also got one from Gibson but he's a guaranteed participant.  He won one of the two guaranteed slots I gave away at last year's FCT.  Each year I give away two guaranteed slots for the following year to someone who is there.  This brings our count up to 80 Jeeps. 

So if you're a procrastinator, and have not yet sent in your registration, this is the week to get motivated and get your form in to me. I will take them up to 12:00 noon MST on next Sunday, April 30.  Any registration forms that come in to me after 12:00 will automatically go to the far end of the Alternate list.   I'll spend Sunday afternoon getting the lottery set up to run.  Then Monday morning I'll announce the Primaries and the Alternates. I will send emails out to everyone who provided an email on their form to let them know if they are a primary or an alternate.  If you are a primary, I would like to get you to reply to my email before May 15 so that I know you are aware.  I've had folks in the past who didn't check the list to see if they made the Primary list, and they didn't know they were eligible to join us for that year.  I hope my emails will solve that problem. 
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
mriceflinter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mriceflinter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr. 2023 at 4:18pm
Mike,  Well I got Joeys spare tire relocated to the back and the right rear fender rebuilt. Now for some of that other stuff we deem as important like greasing, oil, plugs, coolant, points and all the other stuff that makes him run right. And who knows what else I might find to tinker with. There is always something!  Mike
54willysjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 54willysjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2023 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by mriceflinter mriceflinter wrote:

Mike,  Well I got Joeys spare tire relocated to the back and the right rear fender rebuilt. Now for some of that other stuff we deem as important like greasing, oil, plugs, coolant, points and all the other stuff that makes him run right. And who knows what else I might find to tinker with. There is always something!  Mike

You're right not a day goes by that I can't find something to tinker with on the Jeep. It's a good thing because you look at one thing and may find something that needs attention. 
54 Willys CJ3B (Rikki-Bobby's Jeep)
42 GPW14359 Cal "Shake n' Bake's Jeep" Dallas TX plant. Missing everything when I got it.
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2023 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by 54willysjeep 54willysjeep wrote:

You're right not a day goes by that I can't find something to tinker with on the Jeep. It's a good thing because you look at one thing and may find something that needs attention. 

Ain't that the truth!
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
gnkhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2023 at 11:18pm
I can hear a drum roll starting in the background!
gnkhoffman
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2023 at 4:01am
Good Sunday morning, and welcome to the last Sunday morning Fall Color Tours registration report. Tomorrow morning, on May 1st, I'll announce the results of the lottery for Primary and Alternate positions.  I did get two more registrations this past week.  They were from Gunter and Howard.  If you want to be the last one in line, I'll take your registration until noon MST today.  After 12:00 any forms received will be added to the back end of the Alternate list.  We've got a total of 81 folks in the lottery, so that will leave 31 Alternates.  Out of those 31 positions, I will offer jobs to 5 by the end of May.  That will leave 26 Alternates to fill the Primary positions that drop out.  I suspect that most of the Alternates will probably get offered Primary positions by September.  Don't forget to watch for the list tomorrow. 

Edited by m38mike - 30 Apr. 2023 at 4:05am
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 2:21am

Good Monday morning.  Here is the result from the lottery for the 2023 Fall Color Tours.  The number next to each name is the number that the random number generator assigned to each name.  The first three names won a guaranteed slot during past FCT’s.  The rest are sorted based on the random number assigned to them. 

Primary list:

Alternate list:

Collins, Brian

Chillemi, Jeff

Gibson, Rick

Gunter, Jordan

Howard, DJ

Huffaker, Joe

McNeill, Graham

Reighard, Brad

Picini, Don

Komlenic, Rod

Robbins, Jim

Carlson, Kris

Gonzalez, David

Patrick, Dave

Wagner, Russ

Rodgers, John

Brozek, Jeff

Snow, Stuart

Hoffman, Gary

Bruns, Joe

Rodgers, Wade

Reeb, David

Kjome, Finn

Rice, Michael

Nelson, Michael

Boog, Kevin

Nelson, Roger

Hansen, Mark

Johnson, Tamara

Brawley, Mike

Downs, Joshua

Martin, Tanner

Wilkinson, Russ

Patik, Steve

Curtis, Gary

Bokelman, Steven

Campbell, Dale

Heater, JW

Farenbaugh, Matt

Philipps, Tim

Frantz, Richard

Vega, Andrew

Croge, Michael

Juette, Brian

Dewberry, James

Price, James

Luber, David

Manley, Terry

Leland, Todd

Sheakley, Baxter

Stiffler, Scott

Snider, Randall

Bullied, Mike

Vogelzang, Steve

Johnson, Kevin

Flint, Phillip

Ammon, Dan

Roslaniak, Robert

Reichert, Steven

Bashline, Lee

Sites, Paul

Bishop, Mark

Frey, Richard

Hackney, Terry

Gernert, Rob

Murch, Larry

Tomt, Justin

Jones, Edward

Hawkridge, Tim

Booth, John

McBryde, Kurt

Denny, Jerry

Mercier, Charles

Johansen, Jason

Dusharm, Paul

Davis, Michael

Herrera, Ray

Schiefer, John

Heyniger, Peter

Seifert, Chris

Sanders, Paul

Tarvin, Mike

I will send out a group email to all the Primary’s email later today.  I would appreciate getting a direct reply for each Primary sometime in the next two weeks.  This will let me know that you are aware that you made the primary list.  Folks in the past have made the list, but did not check it, and didn’t know they were on that list.  This way I can get everyone’s attention about coming. 

For the Alternates next weekend I will begin advertising for the 5 jobs that I have to get done.  For anyone who wants to work in exchange for a chance to join us for this year’s FCT, I will be selecting Alternates to work and attend FCT by late May.  I will advertise 5 jobs; radio person, shop trash disposal, portapottie trash disposal, shower cleaner, and shop bathroom cleaner.  More details will come out next weekend.

I ran the random number generator with a range of 5 to 100.  If anyone has any questions about my process I’ll be happy to answer them. 

Edited by m38mike - 03 May 2023 at 3:15am
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 5:19am
Awesome! Time to start planning! Thank you!

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
BradR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 9:58am
Number 4 on the alternate list.  I’ll take those odds. I’m going to schedule the time off work today and plan on being there. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 54willysjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 10:06am
I'll take number 3 on the alternate list. Time to get the ball rolling. 
42 GPW14359 Cal "Shake n' Bake's Jeep" Dallas TX plant. Missing everything when I got it.
43 Flat-Fender View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 43 Flat-Fender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 10:30am
Very exciting !

Jessica and I are looking forward to a second visit to TDR
following a wonderful 2022 experience/adventure.

Rob and Jessica Gernert
Rob
GPW 94445 (DOD 01-25-43) Built in Louisville KY
Engine: MB341746
"Faithful Steed" since 1967
Pile of Parts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pile of Parts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 11:03am
Thanks Mike! My wife and I are very excited we missed our first two lottery years. We are trailering from New Jersey so it will be an adventure for us. Our friend Peter who is my Willys Mentor also got a spot he will be trailering from Vermont. 

J Denny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Denny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 12:10pm
YES!
First time out and very excited!
Sandy and I are looking forward to meeting everyone.
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 7:38am
Yesterday I had my first withdrawal from the Primary list.  I made a phone call to the first Alternate and he accepted the Primary slot I offered him.  So all of the Alternates are now one spot closer to getting a chance to join us this year.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 54willysjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 9:57am
I just saw your email this morning and I sent you a reply. Super excited to be attending again. Normally I check.my email often been busy last day or so and didn't look at it.
m38mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m38mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2023 at 3:26pm
There are five jobs that I have to do that take me away from visiting with my guests, that need to be done daily, that I will offer up to any Alternate in exchange for the guaranteed slot to join us here this year.  They aren't big jobs, but they need to be done daily.  The five jobs are:  1. Shop trash; 2. Portapotty trash; 3. Shop bathroom cleaning; 4. Shower house cleaning; 5. Radio set up and maintenance.   

How will I pick an alternate to fill a job?  By random number lottery.  During the next 2 weeks, from May 7 to May 20, I will compile a list of all the alternates who are willing to do each job.  Email me your name, and what job(s) you are willing to do.  I will list all names for each job in a spreadsheet and let the random number generator pick the top name. You can put in for any one job, or all the jobs.  But you will only get one job, even if you are selected in two lottery's then I will decide which job you will get.  I want to offer this opportunity to 5 of the Alternates.  

Job descriptions:  
Shop trash. Empty all the trash cans in the shop each morning. Consolidate trash into one or two cans to not waste trash can liners.  Take trash to the dumpster.  Replace any trash can liners that are removed.  Nytril gloves are available.  Trash can liners provided. 

Portopotty trash.  Portopotties will have handwash units next to them. Put a trash bag at each handwash unit to collect paper towels. Replace them daily.  Pick up trash in and around the portopotties.  Supplies will be provided. 

Clean shop bathroom.  Each morning clean the toilet, sink, urinal, and empty the trash. Replace toilet paper and paper towels.  Check paper products and cleaning supplies daily. 

Clean shower house.  For both shower stalls, each morning wipe down all contact surfaces with chlorine solution. Wash down floor mat.  Empty trash bag and any trash left inside. Check to see that fan, heater, and lights work.  Cleaning supplies are provided.  Nytril gloves provided. 

Radio set up and maintenance.  Bring a laptop and be set up to program new radios for participants. Teach people how to change channels and adjust other features.  Maintain my bank of radios.  Report any damaged or failed radios.  

Send your name and the list of jobs you're willing to do to M38mike@gmail.com.  I will collect names during this next 2 weeks, May 7 to May 20, and  I will announce who got which job on May 21.  I hope there are some who will trade some work for the chance to be here for FCT.  I know that each job takes me time away from helping or getting to know our guests.  I really appreciate any interest this offering may generate.  
M38Mike
46 CJ2A SAMCJ2A
4?-5? CJ2A/3A/M38 Jigsaw
51 M38 Green Jeanne
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>