Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CJ2 Prototype Passenger Seat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CJ2 Prototype Passenger Seat
    Posted: 17 Apr. 2018 at 8:33pm
The jeep in the craigslist link below has what I'm pretty sure is a CJ2 prototype jeep passenger seat frame in pretty good condition. There isn't any pics of the seat frame in the ad and I didn't think to take a pic of it while I was there, but I have seen this jeep in person and can verify that it's a low back with only 2 ribs.
Also as a side note, the jeep is a 45 2A with engine number CJ2A 110xx. Sorry in advance, my pic of the serial number didn't turn out and I can't remember the last two digits.

Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Fred Coldwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred Coldwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 9:01pm
Joe:

Thanks for the heads up of the CJ-2 two-rib passenger seat frame in this early 2A jeep.  I think the bottom and top back of the (greyish) passenger seat frame is visible in photo 2 of 12 underneath the drivers seat frame, which mostly obscures it.  Photo 5 of 12 seems to show, upside down,  the front legs of the passenger seat.  Photo 6 of 12 shows a nice MB style horn on this early 2A, a prize indeed.  Photo 7 of 12 shows the rusted-out tubular front legs of the driver's seat. 

Photo 3 of 12 shows a war time manufactured rear hood latch added to this 2A.  My 1944 Dodge T233 prototype command car, one of two such experimental vehicles made by Chrysler, has those same hood latches with an extension at the bottom of the eye on the hood that pushes out against the vertical tubular body of the "T" latch itself.  That extension keeps them from rattling.  :)   
To whomever might buy this CJ-2A jeep: I am interested in the two-rib passenger seat if the new buyer of this jeep has no use for it.  Please PM or email me about it and the two rear hood latches if they become available for purchase too. Thank you. 

Edited by Fred Coldwell - 25 Apr. 2018 at 9:06pm
Happy Jeep Trails,

Fred Coldwell
Denver, CO
1944 CJ2-09 - X-33
1945 CJ2-26 - X-50

damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2018 at 1:28pm
Fred, Fred, Fred. Why didn't you steal the one I had at the reunion in Ohio where all the Agri-jeeps were gathered?Ouch
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
 Post Reply Post Reply