Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cj2a #510

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cj2a #510
    Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 1:23am
I recently purchased peter56 1945 off of his sister after his passing.  Unfortunately all of his research went missing and so did all of the paperwork he amassed.  Other than the CJ coming from possibly Montana, I have zero idea where to start looking for information back tracing the Willys history.  Any suggestions and hearing from anyone that had conversations with Pete would be super helpful and appreciated!
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 2:21am
Hi William,
Just a quick look through Peter56's activity here.  He joined in 2015.  He posted twice that year, and that was the extent of his activity here.  He was inactive by 2017.  It doesn't appear that he ever really embraced this forum...or maybe he just didn't have much to say.  

Hopefully there were a few private conversations you might discover.  

Good luck with your search.
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
william45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 2:26am
He went by simply" Peter"  and then changed his screen name to peter56, but stopped posting due to health reasons.  The Willys was parked then and wasn't started until about 2 months ago when I breathed some new life into it.
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 2:32am
Looks like he owned 10400 and 10510.
william45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 2:36am
And now you've seen just about the extent of everything I know history wise.  He purchased the 45 in 2008 and his sister is pretty sure it came from Montana.
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 2:55am
Now that you're here Steve we hope you'll stick around and share #510 with us.. we love picsThumbs Up
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
william45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 3:04am
I shall indeed, on both accounts!
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 12:15pm
I knew a guy from Helena Montana that had a real '45 CJ2A. He would have sold it, but wanted allot for a total project Jeep. Wonder if it's the same one? It had a plywood home made top and the rear draw bar was missing/off. I like the old ones. Glad you are the new savior. The old ones are so rare they deserve to be put back right and preserved. They also need to be driven, but not abused. Glad you are here sharing it. Thumbs Up  John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
william45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 1:06pm
Was it bright orange?  It's not a museum piece and it's driven, Infact Pete drove it as his summer daily as long as the weather was nice.  This one does have plenty of none factory bolt holes alone the rear tub rails.  
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 1:08pm
Great storyThumbs Up I'm happy this early one found a good care taker Big smile
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by william45 william45 wrote:

Was it bright orange?  It's not a museum piece and it's driven, Infact Pete drove it as his summer daily as long as the weather was nice.  This one does have plenty of none factory bolt holes alone the rear tub rails.  

No, it wasn't orange. He might still have it, but 3800.00 for a basket case was out of my price range, especially 6 years ago. He paid 250.00 for it in the early 70's and parked it outside. It may be quite rusted now. Ouch
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
william45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote william45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 1:20pm
The history of my Willys is almost the only part that's missing and it's driving me crazy!  I'm so desperate to know that if I can't find some breadcrumbs on my own, I'm hiring someone to dig up the history. Lol
Michaeltru View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct. 2020 at 1:39pm
Have you looked at the CJ-2A history website?  I just looked at a few states on the locator page.   Under Idaho is number 526. With an email address. Don’t know how old the address is or if still valid, but the number is close to yours. Yours might be in the database too. Good luck

Mike in AZ
 Post Reply Post Reply