Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CJ2A Build Deadline FCT 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2017 at 1:00am
I am a Boilermaker/Welder by trade and I have to say the fabrication work you are doing is top notch stuff, very nice

Adrian
1946 CJ-2A Column Change 14605
1973 Saab 96
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2017 at 1:15am
Very cool!  I can't wait to wheel with you guys again!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
xbombtek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xbombtek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug. 2017 at 1:33am
I have a 3A or 3B seat frame that's in decent shape. No cushions, just the frame. 

I'm in Albuquerque, NM so not sure what shipping would be. 

If you're interested, PM your email address and I'll send some pictures your way. 

Dave

Dave

1947 CJ2A 109161
baja 4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baja 4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2017 at 4:33am
Any news?Wink
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep. 2017 at 4:11pm
We have had to overcome some obstacles the last two weeks, but somehow we have still managed to get close (we think) to having Rojo drive out of the shop for the first time. The Dana 44 rear axle is complete and bolted into place with new gears, bearings, air locker, and disc brakes.  The rear axle was trying to occupy the same space as the muffler and the axle won, so we rebuilt the tail pipe and moved the muffler to behind the rear axle. We had spark and fuel pressure on our first attempt to start the engine, but no fire. After replacing the fuel injector the engine fired right up and sounds good for what little time we have ran it. The driveshafts, shocks, air cleaner, throttle cable, gauges, and the lights are installed. The wiring is complete.  Brakes are hooked up and working, but the pedal is a little low, so we are going to switch to a different master cylinder with a slightly larger bore. The original gas tank has a little seepage coming from it, so a new one is on its way. We still have quite a few little odds and ends to complete that will quickly gobble up the next two weeks. Hopefully it will drive out of the shop this week and I will get some pictures taken and posted. Brian
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 2:57am
Well, 227 days after hauling this little CJ-2A home ,it rolled out of the shop under its own power for the first time. We definitely had to pick up the pace working on it for the last month or so, but it looks like Mom and Dad are going to be able to throw some grand kids in the back seat and hit some trails with it next week at FCT 2017. There's still a few little details to finish up but those will get done in between everybody taking turns driving it during the next few days. A roll cage will be added in the near future, but for now we are ready to take some time off from building Jeeps and just go enjoy toodeling around the countryside in them. See you all soon!!!

Rick G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 5:09am
looks great!  Dylan's looking pretty comfortable behind the stick shift these days!  Looking forward to seeing you guys next week!
1947 CJ2a #119929    "Gus"
1951 CJ3a #451-GB1-24268   “Newt”

My Videos
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 10:37am
Looks fantastic! great build! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 11:40am
That's awesome guys!  Can't wait to see Rojo and wheel with you guys next week!
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 6:26pm
Dang Brian and Dylan, you guys do god work. Nothing on the outside to give away what's under the hood, except the sound of course.
Love it! 
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2017 at 7:25pm
Congratulations and it looks perfect. Clap  Oilly
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2017 at 2:01am
You guys did a great job,love the sound of that exhaust.Clap
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2017 at 2:24am
Ought to really be a nice trail driver.....

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct. 2017 at 1:29pm
Hey Brian,

Do you think I could see some pics of the bump stop you have for your D30 pumpkin?  Where did you get the rubber bumper?  I have the same collision problem.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2018 at 11:49am
What an awesome build.....and in such a short time! I have been watching some of your youtube videos as well. It looks like it really performs! What springs are you running? I really like the ride height and flex! 
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2018 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

What an awesome build.....and in such a short time! I have been watching some of your youtube videos as well. It looks like it really performs! What springs are you running? I really like the ride height and flex! 

Thanks, and it is a lot of fun!  The rear springs are the original springs. The front springs came from 4wheel Parts and we think they are Omix Ada stock replacement springs. We tried the original springs on the front, but the frontend was sagging a bit. We would 't mind finding some soft springs that would raise the Jeep about 1". 
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2018 at 10:39pm
After watching the videos your jeep seems to have really nice flex. My springs are sooooo stiff I have a new set of crown springs I may have to try. I have some sort of lift springs on my jeep and they have zero give...even if I jump on the bumper. 

Edited by Millennium falcon - 05 Jan. 2018 at 11:19pm
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2018 at 1:55pm
.... so Brian. How is the cage coming along?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>