Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Modifications from original
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CJ-2A disc brake conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2019 at 3:23am
Brennan

Recently, I have sent  two emails wanting 4 brackets but so far no reply backCry  if you can, PM me on how to obtain the brackets please.

Jim
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Metcalf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metcalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by jeepsterjim jeepsterjim wrote:

Brennan

Recently, I have sent  two emails wanting 4 brackets but so far no reply backCry  if you can, PM me on how to obtain the brackets please.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I apologize,  I didn't see anything come through that I can remember.
You can reach me at info@brennans-garage.com or brennanmetcalf@gmail.com

You can purchase bracket packages directly off my web store. Here is the link for the 2pr set.

https://brennans-garage.com/collections/frontpage/products/copy-of-trackick-disc-brake-conversion-bracket-two-pair

42 MB that had a one night stand with a much younger 69 CJ5 and a 50s GM truck.

dandnl333 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dandnl333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2019 at 4:21pm

This mod is very interesting to me, I am getting tired of pumping and standing on my current brakes. How many of you are using the standard single reservoir, vs a dual system?

Dan
Metcalf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metcalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2019 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by dandnl333 dandnl333 wrote:

This mod is very interesting to me, I am getting tired of pumping and standing on my current brakes. How many of you are using the standard single reservoir, vs a dual system?

Dan

My customers are approx 70/30 in favor of using the stock master cylinder. My standard answer is that the tracker/sidekick calipers are a good size to work with the factory master cylinder bore, but a more modern dual circuit master will always be hydraulically safer. Disc brakes need a 2psi residual valve. I really haven't seen much need for a rear proportioning valve on early jeeps that are running my disc brake conversion on all 4 corners. The weight distribution of the vehicle seems to be fine for basic 4 wheel disc brakes.

42 MB that had a one night stand with a much younger 69 CJ5 and a 50s GM truck.

dandnl333 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dandnl333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar. 2019 at 5:18pm
Thanks for the input! I am leaning toward all 4 disc. I understand the safety aspect, and may end up there, if it is not too painful.

Dan
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2019 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Metcalf Metcalf wrote:

Originally posted by jeepsterjim jeepsterjim wrote:

Brennan

Jim

Hi Jim,

I apologize,  I didn't see anything come through that I can remember.
You can reach me at info@brennans-garage.com or brennanmetcalf@gmail.com

You can purchase bracket packages directly off my web store. Here is the link for the 2pr set.

https://brennans-garage.com/collections/frontpage/products/copy-of-trackick-disc-brake-conversion-bracket-two-pair

You da man!   Thanks, Jim
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar. 2019 at 4:58pm
Placed my order.....went as smooth as a babies azz, LOL
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
woody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2019 at 10:38pm
Brennan's brackets worked great. had to go with a 1/4in spacer and longer wheel studs to use my 15in. original wheels. did not change my master cylinder .
GeoJeepers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoJeepers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2020 at 5:44pm
Did you modify the master at all?  I read somewhere yesterday that the check valve needs removed...
1946 CJ2A's 34480 and 73087. I'm trying my best to not be a hoarder....but it's so hard.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234