Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CJ-2A GRILLE MOUNT/SPACER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CJ-2A GRILLE MOUNT/SPACER
    Posted: 01 July 2021 at 12:09am
Hi guys
Seems I've missed placed all my stock body mounts for the 2A.  At this point and time I'm in need the thickness of the spacer between the bottom of the grille and the bracket it bolts to the frame rails.  
Thanks, Jim
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
BUTA46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUTA46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2021 at 6:15am
I went to look for you but I’m not seeing a spacer on mine or in the parts book. Can you be more specific? Pics, maybe?

BUTA- Back Up Try Again

46 CJ2A #73349   “Poison Icky”
46 CJ2A #51119.   “Rock Sand”
46 CJ2A #80102.   “Marilyn Jean”
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2021 at 2:25pm
No spacers on the grill mounts unless you have a body lift.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2021 at 2:27pm
I maybe using the wrong terminology.  It may NOT be called a spacer but a piece of webbing ?" in thickness.   Possibly similar to the fenders bottom support bracket that bolts to the frame. They have some sort of webbing ?" thick. 
Hope this helps.
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2021 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Oldpappy Oldpappy wrote:

No spacers on the grill mounts unless you have a body lift.

It's bolted up metal to metal?  WOW.   How about the center grille to crossmember mount?   
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2021 at 2:39pm
Had to go take a look at mine, but no spacer there either.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
BUTA46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUTA46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2021 at 4:06pm
Are you talking about the radiator, not the grille? There is a compound rubber shim that goes between the Radiator and the frame for each mounting bolt. Parts manual shows two p/ns, one thick, one thin. Mine are a quarter of an inch thick. Got them from Flat Fenders Forever years ago. But the grille or “radiator guard” bolts on with nuts and washers, pretty sure that’s it.

BUTA- Back Up Try Again

46 CJ2A #73349   “Poison Icky”
46 CJ2A #51119.   “Rock Sand”
46 CJ2A #80102.   “Marilyn Jean”

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2021 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by BUTA46 BUTA46 wrote:

Are you talking about the radiator, not the grille? There is a compound rubber shim that goes between the Radiator and the frame for each mounting bolt. Parts manual shows two p/ns, one thick, one thin. Mine are a quarter of an inch thick. Got them from Flat Fenders Forever years ago. But the grille or “radiator guard” bolts on with nuts and washers, pretty sure that’s it.

No not the radiator mounts but the grille mounts. 
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2021 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Oldpappy Oldpappy wrote:

Had to go take a look at mine, but no spacer there either.

Well I greatly appreciate you, and the rest of ya, for  providing me with the answer to my question. 
A HUGE THANK YOU!!!
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
 Post Reply Post Reply