Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CJ-2A & MB frame horn boxing plates READY!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CJ-2A & MB frame horn boxing plates READY!
    Posted: 14 Feb. 2014 at 4:35am

Hello friends,

I have decided to start a new post for my frame reinforcement plates, as I cannot seem to edit the original posting anymore.  The great news is that I have a fresh batch of frame plates currently ready to ship as of Feb. 13, 2014!

These plates are designed to be welded in the front of your jeeps frame rails at that vulnerable area behind the front shackle mounts and forward of the front tube crossmember (see photo below).  As we 2A owners know, this area is often prone to bending and collapse, and my custom plates can help you reinforce your frame to prevent future damage from off road or utility use, or help repair and strengthen an already damaged front frame horn.  These are a must if you use your jeep for trail riding, or have it fitted with a plow or winch.

These can be installed flush to the inside face of the frame, or I prefer to grind them down a little and inset them about a quarter of an inch in from the inside edge so that they are less noticeable and a nicer weld can be made.  They are also made slightly oversize at the front, and made to the same height as the stock frame so that you have room if you need to trim them slightly to fit your rig.  Installation is easy for anyone with welding skills, and they can be installed with the vehicle completely assembled.

They are styled to match the original boxing plates on the rear and engine areas of the CJ-2A frame, as they share the same size access hole as the originals and they are made from the same gauge steel as well.

These plates will fit the 1945 through early 1948 CJ2A Jeeps with the upper and lower bumper gussets.  These will also fit the WWII Willys MB Jeep frames.

They are sold as a pair for $19.50 which includes shipping to your door, anywhere in the USA.  I can do paypal, MO or a personal check.  PM me for details if you are interested.

Thanks!
Daniel

Edited by uglyjeep - 14 Feb. 2014 at 4:38am
johnnybravo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnnybravo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2014 at 4:40pm
If these will fit 3B frame horns, I will take a set.
Ret. USAR-Vet, 6-GPW's,, 1-M38 w/M-100, 1-47 WO "Jeep" 4X2 Wagon, several ruff CJ2&3A's, 1-CJ3B,
sam16v View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam16v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb. 2014 at 8:03pm
any chance of international shipping? just what i need for my frame horns!
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2014 at 7:14pm
Johnnybravo, sorry the jeeps later than '48 have a different profile, and these will not fit.  I was looking into making sets for other models, and I can keep you posted.

sam16v I will send you a PM, I would be happy to send these internationally.

Thank you,
Daniel
48akcj2aman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48akcj2aman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb. 2014 at 8:08pm
PM sent!
If you can't make it over, Grab another gear and stand on it!
CJ2ACrazy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2ACrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2014 at 6:03am
uglyjeep, you still have some of these for sale?  I would love a pair.  I just joined the forum tonight and this is my first post, so still not quite sure how to send a PM.
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2014 at 2:30am
Hello, PM replied to, thank you!

I still have some sets left for those of you that are interested.

Thank you,
Daniel
jordcam 88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordcam 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2014 at 1:02pm
i,ll take a set please
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar. 2014 at 5:34pm
Hello, thank you for the interest jordcam, I sent you a PM.

If anyone else is interested, I still have some frame plate sets left, and can ship them without delay at the moment.

Thank you,
Daniel
masscj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masscj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2014 at 2:33pm
Interested. Contact me with payment info. Thanks
1946 CJ2a Dauntless aka Jalopy
1946 VEC stock
1981 CJ-8 5.3 LS
1966 CJ-6 SBC TUX
1968 CJ-6 225 V6
1974 CJ-6 4.2
1967 M-416
East Coast Modified CJ's
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb. 2015 at 2:46am
  I'm bringing this thread back up because a friend is looking for a pair of boxing plates. Do you have any available, Daniel?  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
masscj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masscj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2015 at 2:14am
I'm looking for a set as well. LMK
1946 CJ2a Dauntless aka Jalopy
1946 VEC stock
1981 CJ-8 5.3 LS
1966 CJ-6 SBC TUX
1968 CJ-6 225 V6
1974 CJ-6 4.2
1967 M-416
East Coast Modified CJ's
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2015 at 3:08am
Daniel has not been on for about 4 months now. Confused  May want to private message him.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb. 2015 at 3:47am
I sent him an e-mail.   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
kflavin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kflavin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar. 2016 at 12:50am
Still making these?

I could use a set.

Thanks

Kevin

bosshoff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosshoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2017 at 3:38am
Can anyone post a pic of what these plates looked like?   Installed or loose?

Edited by bosshoff - 25 Jan. 2017 at 3:46am
Chop chop
uglyjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uglyjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2017 at 3:57am
Hello,
Sorry, I have been away from Jeeps for a long while.
I will see if I can find a picture of the plates, and try to post one soon. I see that I have a pm box full of requests for them here and on the g503. I still have a contact for production of these plates, and I will look into what it will cost to make a new batch. Thanks for the interest, I am still surprised these became so popular, I think I sold a couple of hundred of them over the the years.
Best wishes,
Daniel
kflavin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kflavin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2017 at 3:59am
That would be great, I'd still love to get a set...

Kevin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>