Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CJ2A wiring harness

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogger7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CJ2A wiring harness
    Posted: 02 Jan. 2013 at 3:32pm
I've got 6 more harness's made up for the 2A  wire is cloth covered  ''correct guage and color with the tracer markings . I used the most popular colors  I found when removing old harness's off of about a dozen old 2a"s . Each terminal is soldered and crimped andhas the rubber sleve over the solder joint as the orig. not the srink tubing as seen on some . There are both keyed coil and block mounted coil wires  with each harness. Horn mounted on left fender .Harness is for generator  equiped 2a's and not alternators.  Cost is $175.00 and can add the Right  tail lamp wiring  with correct bullet conectors for $15.00 You can see  pic's of the harness on an earlier post named wiring harness .sorry tried to repost pic's but this  thing is telling me I've already posted pic's.  The last ones I shipped was $11.35 any where in US and I don't think cost has gone up.
Thanks
mogger7
mogger7
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2013 at 2:17am
Rich those look great. Do they include the wires into the head light buckets and to the front park lights? Do they have the Gen to Regulator wires?  I just started a new restore and I will need all new wiring It is a little early for that, maybe a few or more years. Do you plan on making these into the future or is this it? Thanks Mike
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2013 at 2:27am
Here's Mogger7's original wire harness post that has pictures.

I'm curious about the headlight connections myself. Just took apart a couple of grilles tonight and one had washers in the headlight buckets, over the loom. A crimped sleeve at the end of th eloom was too wide to go thru the washer, and of course the headlight connectors wouldn't come thru the bucket even with the rubber grommets out.
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

mogger7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogger7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2013 at 11:39am
The harness has every wire in a 2a  exept  turn sig. and heater.  If domeone was to send their headlight plug I could add it to the harness by removing plug from terminals and installing them and then you snap term. into plug after feeding term through thr bucket hole . I have about 6-8 plugs  but not enough to install on every harness . so if you guys have any you would like to dispose of let me know . I thought about just buying them new but they would not look orig (can't see them anyway) but would also make the harness more  $$$
mogger7
mogger7
scoutpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2013 at 12:01pm
Rich. Reserve one for me. I will send you headlight plugs for it. 6Volt, Fender mounted horn, Keyed coil. One tail light. Lever dash light switch on lip under left side of the dashboard. Generator. Would like an auxiliary circuit for center-lower dash cig plug for hand-held spotlight. 6Volt heater pax side. Let me know how much for extras and where to send money. Thanks buddy, missed ya.
oldiron48 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldiron48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2013 at 9:30pm
We are in the middle of a project now and would be interested
Mike
Mike
2many View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2many Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2013 at 6:50pm
PM sent
Too many 2A's - ask my wife
'45 CJ2A (10231) in progress
'57 FC-150
'74 CJ 6
walterj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walterj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan. 2013 at 1:12pm
Hello, looking for a wiring harness with both taillights incl. turn signals (a need here in austria). Horn on firewall.

regards
Walter
Walter J.
CJ2a #133524
Joe Frazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Frazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2013 at 12:46am
Very nice looking - like to buy this sort of thing from someone who is doing it "hands on" vs.
buying from even some of the general parts suppliers. Am not quite at that point yet, but will
keep you at the top of the list for when I am!
Collecting any/all Kaiser/Frazer/JEEP literature/handouts/toys etc.
46 CJ2A
50 Jeepster
51 Pick-up
54 Willys Aero Hardtop
54 Kaiser Willys Darrin
56 Wagon
56 Factory Proto-type FC 170 Truck
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2013 at 12:24am
Please PM me with details - would like to get a harness.

Thanks!
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2013 at 2:48am
I just received the wiring harness that I ordered from Mogger7 (Rich Dunlap). This is a very clean piece of work, and he made sure to add on the variations needed for turn signals, dash mounted starter button, etc. The wires are all 'period' fabric cover BUT with shrinks wrap to seal the connectors and plastic insulation inside the outer fabric covering. I am looking forward to getting this into my CJ.

The price was much better than a generic harness from a big name supplier.

Thanks, Rich.
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
scoutpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2013 at 10:08am
I received mine a while ago. My eyes popped when I opened the box. Can't wait to get it in my '46.
Arsene Wenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2013 at 11:42pm
PM sent 

Thanks 
The Deeper the Foundations , The Stronger the Castle.

2many View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2many Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2013 at 2:21am
I'm right with the above comments:  Excellent piece of work at a very fair price!  Thanks, Rich - can't wait to get 'em on...
Too many 2A's - ask my wife
'45 CJ2A (10231) in progress
'57 FC-150
'74 CJ 6

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2013 at 9:35pm
It seems its out of stock - i never got a response ?? 

mogger7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogger7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2013 at 10:17pm
Sorry  for the delay but this comp. crashed and just got it up and going day before yesterday . Got more material  for harnesses  ordered and should have it by the weekend  and will get some together  by the first of the week
Thanks
mogger7
mogger7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arsene Wenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2013 at 6:22am
Wiring Harness delivered. While it may be some time before i use it , the quality is top notch. 

Thanks Rich 

Vanho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 12:51am
Just started on my CJ2A, I would like to purchase your harness,

HO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>