Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > How to information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cj2A with head 134 eng

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtowle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cj2A with head 134 eng
    Posted: 31 Jan. 2022 at 1:23pm
I have an old 1946 Cj2A Jeep, it came with a f-head eng. We ran in to some unexpected problems and I’m just getting back to it after 4 years. #1 problem is I sent the carb in to be overhauled, and they lost it. #2 problem, I got a new holly carb from rock auto they say it fits a 64 mercury comet. It looks like it will bolt on if I do some work on the valve coverr, and move the oil dipstick filler tube a little. Problem # 3 what about the air cleaner with the stock flat hood?
Maby I should try to trade it for a l-134 eng.I don’t know. 
I’m 80 years old, and have no ida if this message is going anywhere, but if it does hope someone has some advise.Clap
gtowle
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2022 at 7:35pm
You may get more responses to your questions in the Technical Questions section of the forum. 
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
muley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2022 at 7:37pm
Hey there! I don't have advice on numbers 1, 2, 3 but i'll say I spent the 70's in Tucson and the "old pueblo" was pretty loose back then. Good luck and have fun with your 2A. 
Muley
Joined Jan-8 2015
I never met a mule I didn't like!
OD Mule 01-52 M38
Big Red 19fiddy CJ3A salad
Michaeltru View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michaeltru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2022 at 9:30pm
Been to Willys Works down there?(I’m in Phx area). They might have some suggestions.  Good luck
Mike in AZ
WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2022 at 10:33pm
Gary,
Welcome aboard.
I run a F134 in a 48 CJ2a, with a Holley 1904 (but a 1908 or 1920 could work too),. Fits ok with a little ball peen massage of the Rocker arm cover, some  minor trimming of the cowl flange and the hood seam (where the carb is). Also lowered the left engine mount a little. All of that allows use of a standard air horn, and a closed, "no-hole" hood.
Works pretty well. But be careful; those 12 extra ponies relative to the L-134 will rock your socks offWink!
If you would like some pix, send me your email
Cheers
John
'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
 Post Reply Post Reply