Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CJ2A with V8 Chevy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam18830 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CJ2A with V8 Chevy
    Posted: 02 Mar. 2020 at 2:57pm
Looking for an old 2a or any vehicle really with a chevy small block coupled to a t90 transmission. Little 283 would work. Might consider the buick v6 maybe,  depends on price and completeness. I only want the parts so the jeep can be a rust bucket, or an unfinished project.  Nothing nice.  Located someplace in the NE USA If engine runs or could run that would be better. 
Email me a price and pictures and location.

Adam
Kulpfarm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kulpfarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2020 at 4:35pm
Caught my interest.  What do you plan on building?
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2020 at 4:45pm
Probably a long shot you would be interested,  because I have no idea of condition,   also it is a little far from you  (about 5 hours)

Many years ago I got a "ran when parked" early CJ-5 as part of "package deal".   (I could have the stuff I wanted,  if I also hauled away this CJ-5  LOL )

It has a 283 Chevy,  and what I assume to be a T-90.     I gave it to my Dad.  He was going to get it running and use to tool around the woods etc.     Nothing became of the project.   It has been setting outside for a long time.

Located at my brother's property at 21538

Price of scrap steel,  or probably less if anyone wants to hauling away. :-)    There should be a title around somewhere if anyone is interested.  (my father passed away a couple years ago,  so not sure who in family might have the title  )
adam18830 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam18830 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2020 at 4:55am
Jeep..  PM sent.

Kulp,  going to replace the L134 in my wood hauler/ rock crawler, probably a better project than the t98 swap i was going to do.

Adam
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2020 at 4:29am
My brother sent some pics today.   I don't have a lot of time right now,  but will post a couple of the engine,  and what we can see of tranny.   If you are still interested,   I can send more.  

I can't tell offhand what that tranny is . .  but maybe later could compare the shift tower to T-90 

Edited by JeepFever - 06 Mar. 2020 at 4:32am
adam18830 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam18830 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2020 at 6:11am
looks like a T-90 to me. gosh love that oil fill, does that bring back memories from the late 70's.

PM me a price when you get time.  maybe a far back pic to see if it has some kind of tires on it and how deep in the lawn she has sunk. Best be prepared for a rescue.

Adam
duffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2020 at 2:34am
With what looks like a remote oil filter, that engine may be a 265.  Those work just fine in a Jeep but with the early heads you have no accessory mounting holes and will have to use the front engine mounts for the actual mounting (no block side mounts) which eliminates a lot of other potential use of those mounting locations.  The mounting plate can get in the way of some mechanical fuel pumps.

Short or long adapter?
1955 3B: 441sbc,AGE 4 speed transmission, Teralow D18w/Warn OD, 4.11:1 D44's/ARB's, glass tub & fenders, aluminum hood/grill, 8274, York OBA, Premier Power Welder; 67 CJ5: 225,T86AA, D18, 4.88's, OD
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2020 at 1:47am
Originally posted by adam18830 adam18830 wrote:

looks like a T-90 to me. gosh love that oil fill, does that bring back memories from the late 70's.

PM me a price when you get time.  maybe a far back pic to see if it has some kind of tires on it and how deep in the lawn she has sunk. Best be prepared for a rescue.

Adam

Adam,  to let you know,  this Jeep is going nowhere, and is still yours if you want it.  Unfortunately this is another victim of the virus scare.   My brother was away on vacation back in early March,  then could not get home. etc. etc.   

Once all this clears up,  we can start over,  if you are still interested. 
adam18830 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam18830 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2020 at 4:17am
Yes I still want it,  When this is over and we can travel again , I will come for it.

Thanks
Adam
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 3:48am
This past weekend,  I was up there for first time in many months,   (for some crappy reasons),  so I was not really thinking about this Jeep.

I may be going back up in a couple weeks.   If you are still interested,  maybe we could plan for pick up?   Again,  I am in no rush,  we might be able to come up with better weekend later.

-Ron
adam18830 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam18830 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2020 at 5:54am
Sent you a pm

adam
 Post Reply Post Reply