Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Classic Enterprises panels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Classic Enterprises panels
    Posted: 30 Apr. 2022 at 7:20pm
Those of you who have ordered from Classic, what time frame should I expect?

I ordered online and paid with PayPal so should be a fairly efficient transaction I'm thinking.

Just wondering what others have experienced and/or what I should expect in shipping time.....Thanks

Edited by rocnroll - 02 May 2022 at 8:21am
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
SlaterDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlaterDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 6:33pm
Relax and don't worry. They have hardly any complaints (if any at all). Everything I received from them was here in just a few days and always top quality!
Once a Navy man, always a Navy man!
DMusil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 6:37pm
Took about a week for me. Very satisfied. 
DMusil
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 7:52pm
The windshield panel and the hat channels were good parts-no complaints. Took a while to get out west, but not horrible. 
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
willyt View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willyt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 8:05pm
Very satisfied with the panel I received. 

I’m thinking the shipping issues are not with the vendor but the shipping services. I found that the USPS is one of the worst, lost packages, shipped to the wrong address, etc. I have problems with UPS with unexplained “shipping delays”. FEDX has been reasonable.
1952 CJ3A (Lil'Green)
early M38A1(Ole Green)
1970 Jeepster Commando
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2022 at 8:08pm
Oh I wasn't worried about the quality at all....I've seen their work. I was just trying to get a feel for shipping time at this moment in time, to expect a delay or whatnot. Quality was never an issue.

Thanks for the feedback guys!! 

(BTW, am just ordering a driver side panel so expect they have a pile of those ready anyway)

Edited by rocnroll - 02 May 2022 at 8:12pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

John Cotner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Cotner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 7:42am
I've had them shipped within a few days, though I'm only one state over.  On one occasion I decided to pick them up from the factory and was tickled when they offered me a tour.  They are a great group of guys and took time out of their work day to show me around and explain how everything works.  Their attention to detail is exceptional.  If you're ever up for a road trip take a trip to Rice Lake and visit Classic Enterprises. 
Thanks,
John Cotner
New Ulm, Minnesota
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 7:48am
......Thumbs Up......

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 7:17pm
if you don't mind me being nosy, what panels did you order? I've be thinking of ordering a rear floor and hat channels from them.
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

(BTW, am just ordering a driver side panel so expect they have a pile of those ready anyway)

From front fender step to body seam
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by oldscot3 oldscot3 wrote:

if you don't mind me being nosy, what panels did you order? I've be thinking of ordering a rear floor and hat channels from them.

I put their rear floor pan in my 2A about 25 years ago. They had all the correct recesses for a half cab footman loops and divots for the rear seat.

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 11:13pm
Has anyone got front floor hat channels from Walcks and want to tell me your opinion?  I'm considering getting a set from them.  They are unassembled, a little cheaper and I can order other parts from them.
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 12:39am
With all due respect to Walck's, (I've purchased lots from them) the hands-down best reproduction hat channels on the market come from Midwest Military.  They are more complete and also come in at a better price than the Walck's version...
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
Stevens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 7:20am
I buy from Walck's almost always. Recently purchased RT side floor panel and hat channels. Excellent parts well made and easy to install. Steve
Steve
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 8:18am
I have not purchased hat channels from Midwest Military but I do notice from the picture on their website that it appears they make the hat channel that goes under the center hump correctly. They have a single seam in the middle which is correct, while Walck's and Classic makes it incorrectly with a seem on either end.  
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 12:13pm
  For Tiny’s “Marvin” jeep, we ordered panels from both Classic and Walck’s with good results. Classic’s people proudly sign their panels with “Made in the USA” and their signature. We found Classic’s signature on the back of some panels from Walck’s. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 12:33pm
I need to pull the trigger on my wish list parts, it's highly doubtful they'll get any cheaper. They may go in the shed for a while as I don't want to cut up my tub just now and be without Old Chigger. The current rear floor appears to be a section of pickup bed and it's sitting on 1/2" square tubing instead of hat channel. Bugs me to say the least but it is functioning.

I looked at the link for the hat channels at Midwest Military someone put up. It says they are for M38, but I suppose they are the same for CJ-2A.

BTW, thanks rocnroll for starting this thread, it jogged my memory that I need to turn my attention to sheet metal parts.

Edited by oldscot3 - 04 May 2022 at 12:35pm
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by oldscot3 oldscot3 wrote:

I looked at the link for the hat channels at Midwest Military someone put up. It says they are for M38, but I suppose they are the same for CJ-2A

I would double-check that before I ordered. The M38 floor is different. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>