Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cleaning coolant passages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulson1948 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleaning coolant passages
    Posted: 20 Mar. 2023 at 8:38pm
Hi all,

The motor I'm working on hasn't been run for a few years and while it was sitting out, mice moved in & made nests throughout the coolant passages.  I vacuumed out what I could, Blew put what i could, there's still debris. It's on an engine stand, I'm currently pouring 5 gallon buckets of water from the top & coming out the drain hole.  The head & manifolds are off. 
I'm thinking about putting Acetone thru it like I am the water.  
What have other folks have done?
I'm not planning on making this motor showroom by no means, I just want to prevent any passages from getting clogged while I'm putzing around side roads & woods.  
Any words of advice is greatly appreciated.  
Thanks!!
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar. 2023 at 11:59pm
  Fix you up a piece of brake tubing so you can connect it to a garden hose. Turn the water on and stick the tubing down through the coolant passage holes and head bolt holes in the deck, and reach right down to the bottom of the water jacket. You might remove the water pump to let the debris out easier, and maybe even pull the core plugs. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2023 at 12:06am
  Posting your questions in more than one thread will not increase the likelihood that you’ll get a good answer. All it does is add confusion. 
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply