Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cliffhanger Trail in Moab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Cred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 9:46pm
I am greatly troubled by modern technology.  However, after watching this most enjoyable, funny mishap, I guess I can appreciate some of it.  How many stories have we been told by generations before us that would have made amazing videos for future generations to enjoy?  With the ability to film, edit and post within minutes is pretty extraordinary.  Cheers to more videos!
aboyandhisdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 9:47pm
Stan, you're freaking us out, dude!
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 9:50pm
AWESOME!
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 10:19pm
Well, all right GoPro! Way to take one for the team!!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2018 at 10:32pm
I REALLY need to mooch a ride from you guys next year.
Metcalf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metcalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2018 at 3:58pm
When does the Pritchett Canyon assault project start :)

42 MB that had a one night stand with a much younger 69 CJ5 and a 50s GM truck.

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2018 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Metcalf Metcalf wrote:

When does the Pritchett Canyon assault project start :).....
It is being discussed in committee now

Very impressive work on Pritchett . Who was with you, what kind of rigs and how did they do?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Metcalf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metcalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2018 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Originally posted by Metcalf Metcalf wrote:

When does the Pritchett Canyon assault project start :).....
It is being discussed in committee now

Very impressive work on Pritchett . Who was with you, what kind of rigs and how did they do?

I had some old friends from up north with me. They have both run this trail before with me. 

Jeep TJ with a 5.3, nv4500, atlas 4, D44s, ARBs, 37s, winch, etc. 
Toyota double cab tacoma, V6, supercharger, crawler box, ARBs, 35s, winch, etc 

42 MB that had a one night stand with a much younger 69 CJ5 and a 50s GM truck.

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2018 at 3:01pm
I finally had time to go through all my GoPro video from this ride. This is basically a trail guide type video with the entire trail covered but the speed is bumped up to 8 times in order to get an all day ride into a 30 minute video. I have used video from Jeff and Ted to give my "alternate views." 
There is lots of Grampa's Jeep action in this video, but not really any from the other jeeps on this ride. 
Jeff and Ted made cool videos that concentrated on the obstacles and action parts or the ride. This video hopefully gives you an idea of the how the whole trail looks if you were hanging off the side mirror and moving really fast. 

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2018 at 3:53pm
Love the video, especially at the 15 minute mark where it shows the cliff edges. I also like how the video shows you doing it with bald, 29" NDTs
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2018 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by jpet jpet wrote:

Love the video, especially at the 15 minute mark where it shows the cliff edges. I also like how the video shows you doing it with bald, 29" NDTs

Those are special, no longer available, extra sticky NDTs designed to make assaulting enemy emplacements in red rock canyons possible. Wink 
Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Rock Cred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Cred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2018 at 4:02pm
Stan, you and that Jeep are so endearing. I want to be like you when I grow up... If I ever do
Greg@RME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg@RME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 6:40pm
I finally got around to finishing my video edit, I'm not totally happy with it though. My GoPro mount was shaking, making the footage and sound terrible.... to cover it up, I added music which I would prefer to have done without. I stole some various clips from a few friends that caught some good footage as well. The drone footage is minimal, wish there would have been more and I wish I'd have taken more footage of the others, rather than pics. I know some won't care for the music, but I like it.... so... Tongue

Most of the footage is from Cliffhanger, with a couple shots from Moab Rim (Z-Turn) and the Pickle.

Edited by Greg@RME - 13 May 2018 at 6:52pm
RME4x4.com - 4x4 Forum of the Rockies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 6:58pm
Nice, Greg!  At the very end there are some buildings which I have seen in these vids before.  Is that some kind of feeding operation or water treatment plant or what?  Seems kind of out of place to be out in the middle of the desert on the river like that.
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Greg@RME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg@RME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by aboyandhisdog aboyandhisdog wrote:

Nice, Greg!  At the very end there are some buildings which I have seen in these vids before.  Is that some kind of feeding operation or water treatment plant or what?  Seems kind of out of place to be out in the middle of the desert on the river like that.

That's the Potash plant, they mine the material from underground sea beds that are millions of years old, let it sit in the sun in the evaporation ponds until it's dry and can be loaded into the train cars you see below. They ship it out weekly, it's used as a fertilizer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aboyandhisdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 7:09pm
Sure, now that makes sense!  Thanks a lot.
Tom
1949 CJ3A

Greg@RME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg@RME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by aboyandhisdog aboyandhisdog wrote:

Sure, now that makes sense!  Thanks a lot.

No problem!
Rock Cred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rock Cred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 9:09pm
great drone footage, I need one. It is fun to see all of the different angles that we got on this trip. We need to do more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>